Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Banks

platsak
Super Contributor
See most Banks now in serious overbought territory. Might we see a fall after the results comes out which I understand will paint a bleak picture for the next trading term.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
SIMBA
Super Contributor
The volumes are increasing ,the bottoms are getting higher,we are not effected very much by the global financial problems,petrol coming down ,summer coming,strong rand i am expecting fnb to rise 15% before the end December.......
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
This report out yesterday: "Fitch Ratings revised its outlooks on The Standard Bank of South Africa Ltd. (SBSA) and its Taiwanese branch Standard Bank of Taiwan (SBT) to negative from stable, citing SBSA's deteriorating asset quality indicators and consequent impact on profitability. The agency affirmed the ratings of Standard Bank Group Ltd. (SBG), SBSA and SBT. SBG is South Africa's largest banking group" ... see quote.com
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Went into Asa last week - held up through Friday's unpleasantness, and has broken downtrend resistance. Fundamentally, banks have underperformed resources - and most of the jse for the past ten years. Reckon they will benefit now from a slow rotation outa rocks and dust
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
Yep, I think you're right Gravy. They've taken a major beating as well. But for me the situation is still too shaky. Will wait for the MPC decision and then relook. Must say though that SBK looked very tasty below 8000, but I shall wait
0 Kudos