Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bargain Hunting?!?

bull
Contributor
Has it begun yet?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
Not applicable
are we playing that game again....what happned to the INL Zar 68 bargain....oh yeah forgot that one is now a ZAR 40 bargain....
0 Kudos
Not applicable
looks like the banks are starting to find their feet again ...hope this continues
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
The shorts are starting to come in. i.e. traders buying backs shares as stop loss kicks in. See-> all 4 banks have had a major turn around since yesterday.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
see latest news on reuters regarding SA banks could have had some effect. Also think the shorts are a little more uncertain now after being stopped out on a few rallies.the question now have banks bottomed out - maybe
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
If you had 500K available should i pay off a portion of a bond or spread it over the big 4 on a 3 year view???
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Are you thinking of taking 500k out of your bond facility and buying the Big 4 banks?
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
No. I am lucky enough to have a dividend available from my buisness but not wealthy enough not to care.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Why not wait till the next bank meeting on the 14 AUG and see what Tito has in store for us! Still plenty of time to climb in then if the conditions are positive ,with no more interest rises likely perhaps in the future.The cherry on the cake would be if even this time there is no rise and he says he is first going to look what the future holds.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, buying the 4 big banks might be a good medium term investment. If you can handle the volatility.
0 Kudos
swordfish
Frequent Contributor
show me the money that ASA of yours is just cathing its breath before diving again. i hope so, i shorted ASA
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
well i would not rush into buying the banks just yet. However it depends on your time perspective. Some good news for banking shares in that FED might extend lending to US financial's into 2009. Who knows SA banks might benefit from that sentiment. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a4tsaQK_GIF8&refer=home
0 Kudos
Not applicable
The findi suggests that the bottom of the channel could happen around second half of August. There is a bit of support now at 21220, but the trend line seems to indicate that the real support is at about 20000.
. . . Barry mentions the meeting and announcement on the 14th August. Is it just a coincidence or do the technicals and the fundamentals seem to line up with each other here?
0 Kudos