Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Barlowordld up and%

sk_1
Super Contributor
Hope you guys are long on Barloworld. Luckily I got in at the bottom!
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Brazen
Super Contributor
I hope luck had nothing to do with it. Shouldn't you be shaking a beer can and squirting it at girls?
0 Kudos
sk_1
Super Contributor
At my age thats the only thing I can do (lol)
0 Kudos
jamoo
Frequent Contributor
enjoy the euphoria while it lasts. don't forget to stop profit as soon as its feasible. the volatility is terrible. good luck
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
BAW and Imperial and Bidvest were all in the same boat two years ago doing well,now Bidvest shot ahead making great profits.BAW and Imperial have mountains of debt.That is what BAW deserves for listening to self interest groups which talk airily of increasing value for the share holder egged on by financial journalists etc. by divesting from certain money making companies,such as PPC.My belief is only the board should decide such moves.
0 Kudos
Jacques_1
Frequent Contributor
So why exactly has it shot up 5% today ?
0 Kudos
Ditzy
Frequent Contributor
Hey Barry, what could we expect with the son-in-law of the CEO and chairman groomed to take over from his baby days at Plascon. He had to come up with the CA view, the shareholder value mantra at all costs, bugger sustainability. BAW has been on a long term disposal of assets which has accelerated in the last 3 years. You don't want to know what the members of board took, as shareholders, with shares and options. Now they have to rebuild value almost exclusively with Caterpillar. Good luck.
0 Kudos