Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Barry div for SLM/OML

SKALA
Super Contributor
Hi Barry; do you perhaps trade SLM and/or OML installments for the dividends?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
SKALA
Super Contributor
Barry , you there?
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
only just come in ,will have a look and let u know.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
No i don't,one reason up to now is that they may hold many listed and non listed companies which i prefer not to hold for a number of reasons.Funnily about ten years ago i had ten year income annuities with both companies.The stock market did incrediably well during those years,but i lost about one third of my capital in the process.Something that obviously coloured my veiw point.If i'm interested in a share such NED i prefer a direct holding as i see them as glorified mutual trusts,with none of the openess of the former,they seem interested in making the highest returns for their companies and their brokers.nobody really likes net-work marketing as it can result in a pyrimid,how ever i see them as hidden network marketers.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
sorry i got carried away,yes u can use them for dividends,but my sentiment remains the same.
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Thanks for input. Share your sentiments; sold my policies years ago, but no reason not to strip dividends; nothing personal ofcourse! Seems like good div on installments, if the share is running, but I dont think for right now.
0 Kudos