Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Basil Read results

Not applicable
Pretty good set of results, if you ask me, and healthy pipeline growth, albeit at a suspected lower margin. After that @#$# irresponsible sens announcement, I ditched my stock, thinking that BSR was coming in way under my expectations - now that it is clarified, I am going to try to buy back (at a cheaper level) so no harm done!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
topgun
Super Contributor
Reasonable result, but the acquisition of TWP was poorly timed and BSR overpaid considerably given the large share dilution and lack of returns. Acquisitive growth strategies destroy shareholder value more often than not. That said, BSR is clearly oversold. However, given that BSR and PNC are trading on similar rolling forward PE's of around 4.8x and divi yields of 3.7%, I would far rather invest in PNC which is operating in a much more robust space, without the margin strain and with a far superior growth profile on a 1- to 2-year view. Investment decisions are relative after all. Omo
0 Kudos
Not applicable
not sure which company you are refering to? PNC is pinnacle isn't it? PPC maybe?
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
Yes, Pinnacle. Just seems a far better relative bet with similar metrics on a 1-year view. The construction environment in the aftermath of the SWC is just too competitive with too many players which will continue to restrain margins in the near-term. I will rather wait for more visibility before committing funds to this sector.
0 Kudos