Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Be Afraid, be very afraid

DaveW
Contributor
I wish there was somewhere I, as retail investor, could access daily short selling data on JSE shares. I am seeing in daily buy sell trends what looks like to me, heavy short selling on NPN. The Hang Seng looks set to make a lower high in the current wave, after making a higher low in the cycle start. My take would be that the recent recover from adjustment cycle is far from over. If Hang Seng doesn't push 10c higher, in the next two or three trading days, likely we see some significant downside on this share.
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Rams
Super Contributor
it could go all the way down to 600 or all the way up to 2000...it could go down to 600 and then go all the way up to 2000.Fear that it will go all the way down to 600 or fear that you will lose out when it goes up to 2000?
0 Kudos
koos2
Super Contributor
Cool, so it's a buy then, cause you are supposed to buy when everyone is afeared?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
no, that a different kind of fear, when it hurtling towards 600, then its a big buy, when everbody thinks its a big BYE...and this for investors/long term.
0 Kudos
DaveW
Contributor
If you are a long term value investor, there is little doubt that this stock will grow over the next few years. Doubt it will reach R600, but a down turn could take it to the R900 support range in the short term. If you are trading short term and expecting a up cycle, be cautious, is what I am saying. And you should be buying when everyone is selling, not afraid. That should really read, buying when people are reaching the end of selling. Just making small talk, saying hello, sharing opinion. Have a good weekend. NYSE setting up for a sea of red this evening. Ciao
0 Kudos