Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bear Trap

platsak
Super Contributor
If it is one I must say its tempting me very badly. Greed can be an ugly thing. Looks like we will see the turn within the next few days or weeks. What will be the best confirmation of such a turn.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SKALA
Super Contributor
Also feeling very tempted, but will wait see what happens tmorrow.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Im also waiting especially for citygroup and merril lynch earning reports ths week.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
patience, remember the early bird catches the worm ... make sure you're not the worm ...
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
The early worm gets caught.
0 Kudos
HungryPunter
Regular Contributor
I went short AGL today - I think that makes me an idiot worm. I will change that to long in the morning. Should take us up to about 30000 after that the sky and the birds are our limits. OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
second mouse gets the cheese. I am waiting to see what those american party crashers are going to do tomorrow when they start trading again.
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
If this rally has legs there is plenty time to get in. If its a bear trap then getting in too soon will burn you. How this market deals with the next bit of bad news will determine if we are really bullish or not. Anybody going large into this so soon deserves every cent they get because the risk is significant.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow broke 9000. Closing above an we have a nice gravy train ride
0 Kudos
Not applicable
volumes looking very low on the dow as well as local stocks , this starting to look like a bear trap, u s pumping in currency like zim , bottom line true value will prevail i think this is a good short opportunity
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Dow is pushing real hard and continuing to new highs for the day, gone way above 9000 resistance, this will now be used as support.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
venice is right. next piece of bad news will tell us if this is the real deal. Things change slowly while markets move quickly, but a week ago capatilism was busted, is it really now fixed a week later?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
It's time for the bears to take their yearly nap, good night teddy. zzzzzzzzzzzzz.
0 Kudos