Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bear market

Russ
Super Contributor
Does anyone else think the cat has bounced about as high as it can?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
barry_1
Super Contributor
would have agreed with u this morning,but just now with Tito et al,think it will take a while longer before the bear re-asserts its self ,depends on america of course for direction....hard reality will return then the bears claws will disfigure and bulls still hanging about.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Remember in 2001 the Dead cat bounce in the US lasted 6 months. I think this one will end on in May
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, don't expect the bounce to be short lived, it is designed to suck people in and convince them that the bear is dead .. check the post Nov bounce .. an of course the bear could actually be dead .. but that we'll only know when it starts to smell .. about 6 months ..
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Russ,you had to open your big mouth,didn't you,you idiot!
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
...snigger....Does anyone else think the cat has bounced about as high as it can....snigger. . .
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
ALSI gotta close above 20500 before we even think of being out of them thar woods though.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
And you know who saw this a few weeks aga? 'Nova, Nova The Bear. Everyone sing his name. . . . '
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Yip, miss market, she listens to nova.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
That's what I like about this forum-it's like a support group where you receive unconditional love and support.I feel much better now.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
btw,dear brazen,do you still plan to short agl when it hits 170?
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
No, dear russ, I do not. I went long the TOPI a few days ago, hence my unusually cheery mood.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
And here I was thinking you had just increased your dosage of prozac.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
Bounced off 170 once.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
AGL moving in a very nice band/channel on the hourly since the beginning of March.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Resistance for AGL on the hourly will be round about R171 for today.
0 Kudos
Brazen
Super Contributor
Not this time for AGL, dear Russ, not this time.
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
I didn't risk it,but agl is just sitting at the upper resistance line of its down channel from the early new year (around 7 Jan).It is also heavily overbought.Time for a short??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R171 might still hold on daily closing. Looking forward to AGL my long/short trade at 16h30.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you guys seriously thinking of shorting anglo in the middle of a platinum run?
0 Kudos