Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bears Out there

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
If you go down to the woods today you'll be in for a big surprise . . .
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
theyoungster
Super Contributor
just a nice correction for re-entry, getting rid of fundamental risks in the US market gonna turn the market bearish??
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Like what....meet a Bull?? DOW 9700 coming up!
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Re-entry in the carnal sense, maybe
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
. . . and the crowd goes silent entralled by the tussle between the bulls and the bears . . . even this early in the day sexual frustrations begin to emerge . . .
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
counter trend trading, good luck to you..hope it works out
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
Thanks :) I'm actually fully long now, but with a general expectation that we should get more drops sometime.
0 Kudos
earlyret
Regular Contributor
Have the teddy bears gone home??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
as they say: bulls make money, bears make money and pigs get slaughtered..
0 Kudos
doomsdayza
Super Contributor
think it's called swing trading.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Seems to me banks have big clout and if banks are not allowed to trade customers money (it has been suggested by the powers that be in the US that they should not be allowed to trade the money for their own profit) then there may be big ructions. The market has been running hard in last year or so and shop owners I have been talking to say they are twiddling there thumbs as customers are few. Is there going to be jobless growth when so many are unemployed or jobless decline? Technical analysis is usually correct and today they said there could be downside. Usually as the week progresses things get worse, so I am betting on quite a bit of downside
0 Kudos
Not applicable
And bacon just tastes really great, Macon (beef version always turns out dry IMO) and cannot comment on bear bacon (or will that be bearcon?) ;-)
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Just another word of caution - Don't become the suckers buying all the stock currently up for grabs. Somehow I don't think the smart money is doing too much buying at the moment. Risk is still to the downside and this little rally (1-5 days) could be nothing more than a bounce before we tumble again.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
Folks, it appears that the bulls have crashed the bears picnic . . But wait . . . some strange extinct equine has galloped in to the fray. There's a pause . . . while the bulls consider mating with it, the bears wonder what its bacon tastes like . . . can't we all get along . . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HG, it seems I might recommend an alternative career for you to investig fulltime. Writing short stories, maybe about your experiences here on OST and other useless tidbits for aspiring traders ;-) You make little sense what-so-ever so even a Dr Seuss (in this case Dr HatesGauteng and other such places) style of confusious'isms....;-)
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The HG only reflects the market.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Those same woods are now cleared of all traces of bulls
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
Maybe not bulls dont easily die!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I would look a little closer. Maybe there are a few calfs waiting to be bulls...
0 Kudos
Alibaba
Contributor
There appears to be only warm Bull$#!& left in the clearing, but with evolution and all...
0 Kudos