Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Beginning to have my doubts

kwagga
Super Contributor
Must say, the recent turn of events (R300mil fine proposition from NCR) has started to buckle my faith in this company. I hope we're not going to test that 52 week low in coming weeks. That would be dissapointing to say the least. Divi's excellent, but for the rest, the share has underperformed the market for quite a while now.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
i think the fears over done .. but own no ABL, still hold CPI
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Own both, and I might be a little overexposed to this sector currently.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Speaking of banks, do you think the possible gov. proposal to pull its FNB accounts, will have any material effect on FNB? I wonder if it is really about the high charges.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I don't think that is going to happen. Moving R38 bil from one bank to another is quite a task. One, I don't think this gov is up to.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
it not government moving, it the ANC .. so markedly smaller account, moving to postbank, was adopted at the elective conference in dec ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
one million ANC members...R20 per annum...so only R20 mil...question is, what is the motivation for postbank which is not even a fully fledged "retail bank".
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
Well... given that they defrauded this bank to the extent it was crippled, I imagine the point of the new push is to source more money to steal. Silly boy. Isn't it obvious?
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Nothing like the CEO giving the NCR the middle finger to restore shareholder confidence.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Reputational risk, overindebtness --> significant write down coming its way. Cost of raising additional capital to fund this events could prove quiet costly. Better to exit sooner than later. omo
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
R300 Million? She has over R53 Billion of cash and near cash assets on her balance sheet.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
TheKwok
Occasional Contributor
Looks like its at a good level for a long term buy, but think I will wait to see if the bottom is in - https://sites.google.com/site/sasharingshares/home
0 Kudos