Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Being logged (locked) out!

Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Am i missing some back to HOME links on a lot of SBK's pages, resulting in having to wait for 15min for a new log on, or do i not know what to look for? It causes a lot of aggro when time or timing is important. Please webmaster is it not possible to have a Home link on all pages that cannot be back paged? It will save and or even make money if one could be logged on when desired.
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Nick_1
Frequent Contributor
Bossie, try this when u get thrown off. Dont know how much its worth but it may get u back in. Copy/paste this link into your internet explorer - https://www.scmb.co.za/servlets/za.co.scmb.www.fetcher.EquitiesSecureFetcher/newframes.asp - should take u back in.
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Thank you Nick, will give it a go - am using Firefox - might be the reason i get dumped.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
https://www.scmb.co.za/servlets/za.co.scmb.www.fetcher.EquitiesSecureFetcher/newframes.asp works well. Book mark it. I use it to keep 2 sessions of SFM open (on 2 screens or in 2 tabbed firefox sessions.) It's very handy for monitoring the markets....and....more importantly monitoring the chat forum.
0 Kudos
Equidis
Contributor
Also, try to get yourself the AddOn Tab Mix Plus, you'l be able to duplicate tabs, undo closed tabs, and a range of other functions other recommended AddOn's - Table tools: copy/paste/sort table's +export to excel - IE Tab: allows you to use IE in Firefox, jus incase firefox cant display a page, switch the "rendering engine" - Faster Fox: no elaboration needed
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
home link on top of menu on left.
0 Kudos
USERX
Contributor
The fetcher link worked when it was first mentioned on this site. It does not any more. Seems they have blocked it!
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
Thank you guys for the input - the fetcher works if your are logged ON - what a beaut to be able to open more than one trading window! But once you are out - you are dead in the water - they must have fixed it. Simon ta, i know about that one link on the left menu but in Firefox that menu is not always visible and that causes the problem as one cannot under certain condition page back to a page where this menu is displayed. Maybe at someone SBK can try it with Firefox (which is getting very popular - not only free but very gogga resistant). omo
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
firefox is on our radar (as is Opera) as I use both.
0 Kudos
CE
Super Contributor
And bandwidth Simon ? (just joking, had to !)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and the really good news (but you never heard this from me - in facty maybe I'll haver to delete this thread in the next 15 minute to remove all evidence), the 15 lock out is most likely going to be ditched. April or May.
0 Kudos
Bossie_Bek
Contributor
G o o o o d news in a reddish day - thanks for a nice rumour
0 Kudos