Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Benchmark reply LASER

laser
Occasional Contributor
Thank you all for your replies and good advice. I agree mostly with skaaptjop. I use coronation top 20 fund as sort of benchmark. The following on coronation.w.w.w.coronation.co Return 22.9 % p.a annualised since Oct.2000 till Dec. 2011. R100000 GROWN TO R944500. Benchmark 40 index 15.3% p.a. Own portfolio 23.2% p.a over 9 years. 2011 coronation 5.2 % p.a index40 2.2% p.a own 2.9 p.a Overall I am slighly ahead,but due to platinum and banking shares down in 2010/11. Intend to sell Northham and maybe Amplat also have a close at Investec plc. Your chat panel comments please!
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Rams
Super Contributor
well done laser, but why are you benchmarking against coronation top 20.When did you buy investec?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
so LASER blinded us with his portfolio and beamed out!
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Well whatever you do, dont track the Allan Gray Orbis Equity Feeder Fund. Flip - my little dabble with them has returned an annualised return of a cracking 2.5% since 2006, or 0.93% over the last 5 years. Or actually maybe you can track this fund, but just do the opposite. Maybe in 2040 I'll have something from them to retire with.
0 Kudos