Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Best trading system

Ninja
Super Contributor
Hi Guys, was just wondering if any of you have a system that works for you all the time. I have been trading for over 5 years and have to say that using MA's may not be exciting but it gives consistent stress free trading results time and time again. For me, MA trading is the top system to use, however you structure it for yourself.
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
BoburUncle
Regular Contributor
Using the 7 and 21 ma? Starting using that system too between the 5min and 15min timeframe and it is more consistant for me :)
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I use 7/20 but in conjunction with 5/15min, RSI & MACD / BBands. It works, its that simple.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I use the eyeball approach and plain ol tried and tested dow theory. I prefer stocks that are making higher highs and higher lows, with entries when I see price action (classic candle stick patterns) at the new lows. My exit strategies vary depending on my exposure, but typically, when a 20 day channel bottom catches up to the price, then I interpret it as a period of market consolidation. I exit on a high, and wait for a re-entry into the low of the channel.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Super trader by VAN K THARP.Skaap thanks for the tip to read this book.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Use weekly charts to determine bull or bear.Use dailies to determine entry/exit points.Charts - 22 and 11 day ema, MACD Histogram,Force Index (Volume x Price), Stochastics, Bolinger bands. Signals to buy -11 day ema crosses 22,Divergence between new lows and MACD Histo,Ema and Histo in sync confirms dynamic trend,Channel support and resistance, Macd below zero cross. Wait for at least 2 to confirm before entry.
0 Kudos
Pluto
Contributor
Dual time frame momentum does it for me with moving average crossovers determining the trend
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Some trading videos from van K Tharp and others on facebook at http://www.iitm.com/Van-Tharp-Free-Trading-Videos.htm
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
boring but popular everyone has probably seen this one at some point, freeforextradingsystem.net tried it out for a few months, seems to work, long time frames though
0 Kudos
nala
Super Contributor
What is the best trading systen for the alsi??
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
I use the SPA mechancial trading system for medium term trading. Works like a bomb. Simon got the founder from Aussie, Gary Stone, out here to give presentations in August. Check it out at www.sharewealthsystems.com.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Lindsay, care to share your portfolio returns with us? I have been looking into this system, but it is one of the most closely guarded secrets on the internet!
0 Kudos
Lindsay_1
Contributor
No way ... they are hugely open and show you, warts and all, what is happening. Just check on the website for the returns on the portfolios in Aus and here. I have had one portfolio that I share with 2 others that has been running for 6 years and is giving a return of 19+%. I have another that was started at the worst possible time in August 2007 - just before the GFC - yet that is giving me a compound annual return of 15% which I am very happy with. the JSE Public Portfolio which is run on behalf of Members has grown from R350,000 in March 2003 and it is now standing at R1,781,936.62. Which means a compound annual return of 23.20%. And you can check every trade if you like - nothing is hidden or secret. So I'm happy.
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Hi Skaap, I have been using the SPA3 system as well for the past 6 weeks or so. I must say that it has restored some normality to my life - I trade part time while doing a "normal" job, and this system has taken the hassle and frequent log-ons to OST to atch the market out of my daily life. In the 6 weeks to date (agree too short to be meaningful), I have got a compound net return of 31% on one portfolio, and 21% on a second portfolio, with a shorter term focus. The package is relatively expensive to start with, but this is also a trading expense. I have found the training and support to be great.
0 Kudos