Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bharti and MTN BREAKING NEWS !!

progolfer
Occasional Contributor
Bharti, MTN Said to Have Reached $24 Billion Preliminary Merger Agreement! Check out http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aUw73ofRKMic or check main breaking news on www.bloomberg.com For all the MTN shareholders, Smile and enjoy the ride coming! Have a good day!
0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
kwagga
Super Contributor
So what are R86 + 1/2 a Bhati share worth? This deal is so complicated that it will take some time to unravel. The ride could end up going either way. Hope the sponsoring brokers on MTN's side has a ***** hot dealmaker on their side or the cool $100 mil spend on them could cost them some more over the longer term.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Right - R86 + 1/2 412 rupees = R149. Here we go.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Correction = 412 rupees/2 = R 31.5 + R86 = R 117.5
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I calculate $14 billion for 49% of issued MTN shares (1840015741 shares in issue) = R115.94 + half a Bharti share = R31.55. Therefore total of R147.50. BUY! BUY! BUY! (Confirmation, anyone?) The R86 was from the May offer. (The article is rather convoluted; I may also not be reading it correctly...)
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
hold on a sec .. they only buying part of your MTN holding, remember the ICBC/SBK deal ?? SBK never hit the 'deal' price ..
0 Kudos
Theater_Cat
Super Contributor
No surprise that the news hits the newswires before SENS is issued...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Rumours persisting. 2% up in India on rumours.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well it is just a theory from bloomberg from 'sources' .. not confirmed hence no sens ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
trade rumour, sell fact - where have I heard that before?
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Skaaptjop. If I buy on the rumour and the deal doesnt go through I can see R100 for mtn. Will problably drop right through a stop loss. 25% drop on a ssf equals a very bad weekend. Buying on rumour and it goes through we will problably see 135-140 on the price. Think there is more risk to the downside than profit on the upside. Anyone share or differ from me.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Yes,so what is your calculation?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Some truth both ways. However trade the price and my model says buy so I am stalking an entry to see what happens. Wont hold past tomorrow afternoon unless there are very strong reasons for it. Like you say a bad week-end could be a 25% drop monday morning...
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
i bought a warrant on the original rumour,am pretty nervous at this stage,but with a 17% stop loss am holding on,honestly don't know which way to jump!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Barry, on another note did you get that Kitco stuff sorted for the web page? Mail me [email protected] and i will discuss with you about inserting the code you need.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Not yet,with the web page being offline so much, due to web owners doing their thing over week end.Thanks ,can do with help,will e-mail u soon.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Barry . Get your own hosting account or contact me. Youre welcome to host for free from my unlimited hosting package.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Thanks Platsak ,if i cannot get mine right i'll contact you again,as the one i use for the installment discussion is supposed to be free,except that the web owners carry their ads there.I've also protested about some dubious ads. seems better now.
0 Kudos