Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bids and Offers

Not applicable
Is anyone able to get the bids & offers if you want to put through a trade when the market is closed?
0 Kudos
15 REPLIES 15
geordie1
Super Contributor
You used to be able to-looks to me as if it has been accidentially lost-a system glitch I would suggest as the data is readily available and is something I use before making a decisiion to buy or sell-suggest you refer to standard bank.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, can you please ask them to show market depth when the market is closed. It is information that is useful. Obviously other people are also looking for this too.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
which stock? certainly no reason why one can't see depth.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
All stock. Even if you say "trade", talking about market being closed now, only the topmost bid and offer shown.
0 Kudos
_nova
Super Contributor
market depth is only useful if you can see at least 10 ask/bid down
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
IT are onto this, but can only really check it after the close today.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks Simon. Look forward to it being rectified.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still the same problem is occurring. But trust it is in the process of being fixed.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, IT are on it. Hopefully will be fixed for tonight.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hi Simon, is it possible to have more than 5 bid & offer prices on the trade page?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, why is this so? most service providers provide up to 10 market depth. I know bloomberg does it. Who provides the data that is on this site?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How disappointing. This problem is still not fixed tonight, so presumably tomorrow one still won't be able to see the market depth in the run up to the markets opening.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Thanks, that's great. It was working this morning.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos