Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Big move comming.

HateGauteng
Super Contributor
The last time har formed a pennant pattern it broke out on 2 sept with a gap. If your stop sits in that gap it's gonna be ouch. I view the current tight range that har is trading in as a spring being wound up tightly. Sooner or later its going to go "boing". Hope it does this before month end, I got bills to pay . . .
0 Kudos
Not applicable
still not convinced - HAR has moved what 1,5%? So now I am sitting at my entry level. This is a weak stock, with weak fundamentals and the downside reward is a helluva lot more attractive than the upside possible gain. If I get stopped out, so be it, but I mean if htis gold price STILL can't move SA gold miners out of hteir slumber, then I don't know what event will
0 Kudos
Not applicable
everyone was saying we hit 9,000 and gold shares will go mad... and then ???
0 Kudos
Not applicable
you people must realise it is only just breaking out a bear channel, it can;t just shoot up 10000% in one day. Give it time. 70-80 is strong it won't fall under that for now.
0 Kudos
Surf_Rat
Super Contributor
someone just bought or offloaded 108 000 shares at 8072
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Its not a sell, so it must be a buy
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well no a trade is both a buy and a sell ..
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
are you trying to spoil my fun?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
Not applicable
So far the trick is not to panic....buy to strength and wait for drop again.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
With a pe of 35 and with volumes so low can this share really be a buy?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
platsak, of course it is a buy.... for a short that is ;-) Longterm holding...not for me right now thanks
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Something is about to happen with HAR. Trading in a very narrow range, but for the life of me I can't really figure out if risk is to the downside or upside. Will have to wait for the break before I move on this one. Tried to anticipate a few opportunities and it backfired because I didn't wait for the confirmation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Rand gold price has only ever passed higher than present on two occasions, late 2008 and early 2009. in both cases harmony was trading significanly higher than now. There are serious issues here that are not coming to the fore. Also, at a PE of 30, as an investor, you will be wanting to treat this as a growth stock, and given the state of SA reserves, power supply issues, the ever increasing cost of labour - that loud mouthed idiot calling for mine nationalization, current layoff processes, declining production, etc - I can't see how an investor would be attracted. My short still stands on the premise that a correction in the gold price will reap significant rewards, whereas a rally in gold from here doesn't seem likely to cause any fireworks
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Well, it could be that all the bad news has already been factored into the price, and that a significant move could push it much higher ?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
how much more significant can the gold price get? i mean it has pretty much leaped at massive rate, with pairly a ripple in the HAR price, what does it need to do now - double?
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
I suspect its this sort of fear that drives a bull run . . . Thanks Skaaptjop. I think I'll hold onto my long a little while longer.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Still holding my long.... needs to break out and fast
0 Kudos
Not applicable
if you compare the R Gold price HAR should have been at the R105 R110 level. Heavy behind.if you thake the chart from 20 feb 2009.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thats if you may use it like that. not sure.
0 Kudos