Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Big move comming.

kwagga
Super Contributor
Skaapchop - The Bollinger band is starting to squeeze the price of HAR. It's bound to make a jump up or down, it's just a question of time. The gold price is incredibly resilient to any form of downward momentum at the moment, but I'm weary of a gold price correction seeing that gold is overbought at the moment. I'm also excited by the prospect that when gold really starts to run, there is nothing like it. The anticipation is killing me. Once the guy in the street starts buying the stuff, which I suspect they haven't then it's time to take your profit and leave in a hurry. Until now the price of gold has been driven by central banks, retailers and institutions. Gold EFT's are also recent phenomena, and I'd love to see the impact on those then a real gold rush hits the streets.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Very Very Very surprising to see gold broke through 1074 resistance over night!!! I honestly thought we were going to correct to 1080 or so. We now on the way to 1200.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
snap1, you are surely the most enthusiastic Harmony fan Ive ever seen.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha harmony is useless. What a waste of time and energy trading it the entire year
0 Kudos
Not applicable
haha harmony is useless. What a waste of time and energy trading it the entire year
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
All trades are a bit of a paradox, inside a conundrum, wrapped in a dilemma and subject to the roll of dice. Young bears have been having some heavy squeezing and step back with anger for some more.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Higher volume then usual this morning - 740,000 shares traded in an hour
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Briggs (in saying R9.50 to the dollar is needed...and, and, and....) is talking this share down purely for the benefit of his negotiations with the unions re the retrenchments. ZAR/Gold price is up 20% since the last quarter on which the most recent results were based - R 1500 extra per ounce selling price makes a MASSIVE difference to those results....and Harmony is increasing production whilst overall SA production declines. I don't think it's a very clever idea to short this at this stage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Briggs (in saying R9.50 to the dollar is needed...and, and, and....) is talking this share down purely for the benefit of his negotiations with the unions re the retrenchments. ZAR/Gold price is up 20% since the last quarter on which the most recent results were based - R 1500 extra per ounce selling price makes a MASSIVE difference to those results....and Harmony is increasing production whilst overall SA production declines. I don't think it's a very clever idea to short this at this stage.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
1,200,000 traded now - that is the around the average daily shares traded
0 Kudos
Not applicable
still sitting on a huge cash pile as well?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
............and we have lift off!!!!
0 Kudos
zindc3
Contributor
hope you right. Where do you look at selling your HARSBN. If HAR can reach R85 then i will be smilling.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
how much are they increasing capacity ?? and what is their cash pile ??
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R110 has been my target the entire year..but wait and see what happens (maybe sell at the R97 resistance if that comes)
0 Kudos
Roniqua
Contributor
not a big move but i love seeing anyshare going green on my price streamer.
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
My thoughts are as to wether to take small profit and re-enter at a lower price and risk missing the breakout; or to leave it be and wait for the breakout like I've been doing for the past month. Decisions . . . decisions. Perhaps, I should just shut-up and stick to my exit stragegy of 88.50.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Should technically break through 89 this time around to the next resistance 97 or so..
0 Kudos
HateGauteng
Super Contributor
When it does so, it'll probably gap up past my exit point.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
HG, my advice is not to try to readjust a position based on pullbacks, because you introduce an extra element of risk, namely the risk of missing out on the rally. From a trader's perspective, this is the worst kind of risk, because you have already exposed your capital, so you are relying on the frequency of your winning trades to put you in the black. Missing out on a rally, for the sake of a few % points pullback, is not viable IMO. P.S. Don't read this to imply that I am bullish on HAR, just commenting on your pullback strategy.
0 Kudos