Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Big price drop

iggy
Occasional Contributor
Has anyone got an idea as to why the share price has drop over 10% in the last two days?
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
barry_1
Super Contributor
Gold in general id out of favour and the whole sector is performing badly....Watch the VIX "fear" index,it's under 18%.When it starts to rise again then the shares will flourish!....I still believe VIL will perform well in time.
0 Kudos
Bull_dust
New Contributor
The way I see it is DRD has just got a whole bunch of VIL shares in the most recent company purchase. I believe this was done on a share issue basis at ~R1.75 if I am not mistaken. I wonder if they have started a quiet bit of profit taking? They were well in the money when the deal went through, not sure on the specifics of when they own the shares and can start selling them though. One other thing to consider is that with gold being out of favour a whole bunch of trailing stop losses may have triggered. People may have tightened the trailing % after the stellar share price increases recently. I suspect itÂ’s a combination of these two things. I am particularly buoyed by the fact that Marius and Bernard have recently been buyers of the shares at the mid 1.90 level. Not massive cash amounts mind you (less than R1 000 000 in total) but still a good sign on where they see the long term share price heading. IÂ’m seriously considering buying some more at these levels.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
4th stage base stocks, I avoid them like the ancient plague
0 Kudos