Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Blackberry for traders

dijon
Occasional Contributor
Hi all. A while back I know there was a discussion on Blackberry phones. Sorry I did not pay more attention then. My Nashua Vodacom contract is due for an upgrade and I see they are offering the Blackberry Bold with unlimited e-mail, social networking and on- device internet browsing using the Blackberry Internet Service. I would appreciate any comments from fellow traders having used the phone, or the service.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
saash
Super Contributor
Ah yes - I am looking for a new phone too .... which phone did you guys say we can use to also get Java downloaded for graphs and live feeds? I need something that does everything, without having to go out and buy a laptop with a 3g.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
I use the Blackberry bold..with IGmobile.. Set up a watchlist and away you go and if you have an IG account you can trade on the move if you want. I use it to monitor the ALSI.
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
it will work with any "connected" phone, but if you are trully planning a mobile office BB bold is hard to beat.
0 Kudos
Sfiso_1
Occasional Contributor
I got a BB curve 8900... the only difference to the bold is that the 8900 does not have 3G.
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
Anybody using Storm 9500?
0 Kudos
dijon
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the response. Appreciated.
0 Kudos