Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Blue Financial Services

Not applicable
There's is line in the movie about the Enron saga that is quite apt here... If you like it at 83c you will LOVE it at 50c!
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Not applicable
well i think ill enter soon
0 Kudos
Not applicable
This share is kinda like a legal pyramid scam. There is a history of them. And after Blue there will be another.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i am with you FIVE. Rest of forum, what do you think? IS this a buying opportunity or is there still a nasty surprise around the corner on this one?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Trick is to get in at the beginning, and out way before end. Tis clear some tried to play this with Tannenbaum (sp) but did not get out soon enough for their name to appear.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
Their trading update says they expect a headline loss but cant quantify it. I thing the loss is going to be so big the share price would crash if they announced it. I say wait until the numbers are announced.
0 Kudos
Heli
Contributor
A friend of mine is working for them. Wait until the chaos have settled. Personally I would not buy a sinking ship. OMO
0 Kudos
Contributor
Hello- I own a big chunk of BFS bought down to 104 per share. My thinking is with ABSA owning 22% of the company plus another 120m loan plus them having to take over Dave Van Niekerk's shares, they can't afford to let it go down. There is a big demand for BFS's services and when the credit loosens up, the company should do well. I believe at 62 per share it's worth a calculated risk....what do you guys think?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
well ABSA don't own 22% because they want to .. they own it due to a default ..
0 Kudos
Contributor
True Simon, but do you see them throwing away hundreds of millions when the fundamental underlying business shows such promise....if run correctly?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
sure, but the important word in that statement is IF .. and me thinks many more IF's lurking around .. reality is that the risks here are huge ..
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
short term trade ....50 to 100...will be nice!!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
what makes you think this share will get back to R1 in the short term (if ever..)
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
A theoretical bounce is needed as it did 18-03 to 27-03...risky trade but not out of the question. Bargain hunting will drive it...nothing else!
0 Kudos
Bangbielie
Contributor
The truth is ABSA also had a big hand in the microlender UNIFER a couple of years ago. The UNIFER shareholders also though that big daddy wouldn't let them down. 120 bar in ABSA's book is miniscule in the overall scheme of things and they will write that off without a bat of an eyelid. Don't bank(sic) on ABSA to rescue this puppy.
0 Kudos
Rovert
Super Contributor
dont think the company will be around this time next year!
0 Kudos
Contributor
Hi Simon I am following your train of thought....but I own 275000 shares bought at 104. Now trading at 63. I was thinking of putting in a stop loss at 50 and hope the "IF" kicks in before the stop loss....what is your opinion?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
same rely to the DRD crowd BFS (BROKE FOR SURE) is on a life line

Hmmm, from abrilliant article I reead on pricing shares "If you are buying a company you look at it for the long term - how it is positioned in the market, does it have a competitive advantage and what does the company do with its cash flow to enhance shareholder value?...........look at the power of the brand. A strong brand improves the durability of the company over the long term. Interestingly the last thing ..... looks at is management. He wants a company that is so strong and has such market dominance that even an idiot could not stuff it up. While there are a handful of outstanding CEOs who have led their company for many years, by in large executives come and go and it is the company that remains."

Reality a company must run when the CEO and entore board dies in a plane crash....so "good management" aside what does this mongrel offer us?...OMO
0 Kudos
Heli
Contributor
My friend told me they are in discussion with Absa but also with another company.(Possible overseas company) One director said it looks promising? Another Saambou or Survivor? OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How senior is you friend? I had a look at their financials for Feb 2009 and it is remarkable at the amount of goodwill they have on their books. Close on R700m! If you compare the goodwill to the size of the loan books in each country it doesn't paint a good picture. If their operations cannot pay out loans due to lack of funding then surely this goodwill will need to be impaired? That will surely wipe out a huge chunk of their retained earnings?
0 Kudos