Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Blue Label Telecoms IPO - Simon

WBuffet
Contributor
I spoke with Investec (The Bookrunner) with regards to the IPO for Blue Label Telecoms and they indicated that they will be meeting with Standard Bank this morning with regards to this IPO. In the Pre-Listing Statement, the closing date for applications is this Thursday at 12h00. The question then becomes whether we will have an opportunity to partake in this IPO?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
JohnnyCash
Super Contributor
Who goes and names ur company after a bottle of bourbon? Only okes from Delmas ne!!
Give this one a couple of months and get in at a better price once it settles......
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Johnnie Walker Blue me thinks - a tad more at the till than Dack Janiels? A multiple of 10-15?
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
Scary stuff for mere mortals....
From moneyweb
At 880c, the share is 56 times pro-forma headline earnings in the year to May 2007 and 26,2 times heps forecast for the year to May 2008. The prospectus says Blue Label has grown taxed profit by 57% pa for the past five years
0 Kudos
chivas
Contributor
I can not believe the hype that has been created over this new listing and the fact that the mkt cap is R6.6billion. It will be interesting to see what price this share will be trading at in 12 months time especilly if the mobile networks (e.g Vodacom) decide to reduce the margins they share with their distribution. What is for sure is that you definitely can not factor 56 times earnings in any telecoms company, espcially a distributor. In my opinion (for what it is worth) even 10 times is pushing it. Look what happened to Celcom's share price on the Altx - they are also a distributor. Oh well, some chaps will have to learn the hard way. Others might say I don't know what I am speaking about.
0 Kudos
grandmaster
Frequent Contributor
Way overpriced.Rather buy into something like ATR,even though bus is different,it's a far better buy.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Simon, what are the chances of STD creating a SSF market for BLU
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
The story goes that a bottle of blue was cracked and finished after every big deal hence the name the directors must be a bunch of p1ss cats must have had a case before doing share valuation.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Why would you consider this a risky investment ? I'm not a shareholder, but this company does interest me.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
divz, yes and they kept every bottle.

SSF, we're going to give it some time to let the volatility settle and see what the volumes settle at.
0 Kudos
dilligaff
Super Contributor
:)
Perhaps Chivas jealous that Blue Label costs more, and is worth more?
Lol
0 Kudos