Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bob Moriarty

USERX
Contributor
Scary to say the least.....
http://www.321gold.com/editorials/moriarty/comment/20070311.html
Bob is well respected and will not rant for nothing ?
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
what? There's a real live person called Moriarty?? Funny. Moriarty was the Uber Evil Arch Villain in the Goons and in Sherlock Holmes.
I wonder if there's a market commentator somewhere called Eccles . . .
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
I guess he doesn't like the current volatility in the Gold market.His head is smoking from everywhere, but there is no fire underneath, at least not so soon. In 30 days the next countdown will start.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As strategic investors, our job is to get rid of the noise and the emotions and find out the real picture. Do we sell or do we stay or do we buy? Read http://www.honestreporting.com/articles/45884734/critiques/Iran_A_Threat_to_Israel_and_the_World.asp. I believe that Iran poses a threat to world peace and is the second country in the world in the past century to do so. The first were the Nazis. The reason for this is that the leaders of these two countries had their ideology above their respect for life and limb. In all other situations recently when the crunch came, people put their lives before their ideologies and war ended or was averted. Having said this the leaders of the USA and Israel are not stupid and won't risk nuclear war unless it is essential. As far as I know, Iran is still 5 years away from nuclear capability. As the country with the most oil reserves in the world and therefore the cheapest source of electricity world wide with oil burning power stations, there can only be one reason why Iran is building a nuclear capability. And that is not to protect the environment from carbon emissions.
0 Kudos
Nolan
Contributor
Surely if the dollar falls it will make the rand stronger and gold worth more and therefore push our markets up? what was the effect on the market with the last Lebanon-Israel war?
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The dollar was bought as a safe heaven currency, but the US obviously was not involved in the war
0 Kudos