Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Boring boring boring

Rams
Super Contributor
This old school bullsh-t has gone on long enough.Since I joined this forum, I have been hearing about this old school bullsh-t. Reminds me of first year varsity....You are only as good as your last post on this forum,semi-retirement or retirement does not count because the forum only goes back 30 posts. Thus far I have not seen anything spectacular from "OLD SCHOOL" that warrants clicking on their old posts.If you think old school was good,then your world must be very small and : boring,sad and dead!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
lol .. ya all the old timers moaning about the good old days ..
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Because they were the good old days, just like the well kept country towns, Durban's golden mile and Hillbrow to mention a few.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
and Durban's golden mile an awesome spot these days ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Boet, you are really giving away your age if you used to party in Hillbrow!
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Yep... boring. Ex Net Nanny Simon no longer here to rattle our thoughts and counter our postings. So the "Stay Away" continues.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
I know my boet would agree Simon, and your Preposterous photos agree too.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Did a 2 day course at Beach hotel last week, should be renamed ***** Hotel,.....golden mile!!!...all they did was *****ie it up for the 2010, certainly the place to be for a free haircut
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Rams there is nothing in my post that would suggest that old school was better....but what is said quite clearly is that currently nothing on this forum, is worth the time it takes to open the page. its all the same old, same old..where is BHP heading, roffey said that...,I am losing money should I sell etc etc....come on already..show a little personaliy. Talk about your head space when trading, tell us about the blonde you did not shag...somthing, anything other than this craop
0 Kudos
Not applicable
As long as we can't post graphs and there are no realtime mentors to follow while they trade, things will always be limited to "Whats up with UUU?". What I'll mist most though is Simon's radio program. Tv just don't cut it, as I then need to compete with my daughter who watches Disney 24/7.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Get Dual view DSTV. If you can't afford it, you are not a good enough trader, find something else to do.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
Another joke: Two 90 year old men, Mike and Joe, have been friends all of their lives. When it's clear that Joe is dying, Mike visits him every day. One day Mike says, "Joe, we both loved rugby all our lives, and we played rugby on Saturdays together for so many years. Please do me one favour, when you get to Heaven, somehow you must let me know if there's rugby there." Joe looks up at Mike from his death bed, "Mike, you've been my best friend for many years. If it's at all possible, I'll do this favour for you. Shortly after that, Joe passes on. At midnight a couple of nights later, Mike is awakened from a sound sleep by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him, "Mike--Mike." "Who is it? asks Mike sitting up suddenly. "Who is it?" "Mike--it's me, Joe." "You're not Joe. Joe just died." "I'm telling you, it's me, Joe," insists the voice." "Joe! Where are you?" "In heaven", replies Joe. "I have some really good news and a little bad news." "Tell me the good news first," says Mike. "The good news," Joe says," is that there's rugby in heaven. Better yet, all of our old friends who died before us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again. Better still, it's always spring time and it never rains or snows. And best of all, we can play rugby all we want, and we never get tired." That's fantastic," says Mike. "It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's the bad news? "You're in the team for this Saturday."
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
beach hotel .. bwabwahahahaha .. you don't stay on the golden mile unless it is the point development .. yu head there for the beach ..
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Never stayed there,(Westville), but attended the course there.As for the point hardly Golden mile, more like Golden furlong
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Prancing horse....you a westville old boy? If so which year.....finished there in 90 myself.....Secondly what course did you attend and was it any good, even if it was held in the beach shack.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Girl friend lives there, trying to convince her to live in the Berg.Went to Estcourt High, in the days when it was as good,if not better than todays private schools. Free 2 day course 4XP Meta Trader,invited by my daughter's friend who has been trading forex full time (very successfully) for 4 years. Been doing mainly CFD's, so looking to find something to stimulate my grey matter, as my active working days are nearing to an end
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
hmmmm....trading forex from the berg.....yes, very nice. All the best, although living in Durbs very nice too, it is my home town and i think it offers a lifestyle second only to the mother city.... maybe the best in the country when you consider warm beaches all year and full of girls who know how to wear a bikini....
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
I prefer spending our winter months on the Italian riviera where they DON'T wear bikini (tops). My aim is to move with the swallows.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Or it could just mean that you have tighter control over your expenditures.
0 Kudos