Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Boring boring boring

john_1
Super Contributor
This chat forum has become a slow dead sad sad place...
0 Kudos
40 REPLIES 40
stores
Super Contributor
Agreed..I have missed your absence as well...Although I do not add much to the technical side I do post the odd Friday pm joke..
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
agreed....ost going down the toilet since simon left
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
good point striker....chartist still available on chat at real chartist.com
0 Kudos
Mr_S
Super Contributor
Agreed, first we stopped commenting every day, then we stopped looking at the forum every day, whats next?? n SBK seems like they really dont giv a .... cos they not doing nothing about it!
0 Kudos
sasa
Regular Contributor
Hi John, U still in Switzerland? How're things going?
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Hierdie chat forum is so boring want julle almal hammer op die verlede... Chartist is WEG...ta-ta...beweeg aan...en Simon is nog hier vir al sy aanhangers...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya John, and your post really livened it up :)
chartist, please tell me people still not mourning his exit ?? surely ?? shakes head, oh well ..
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Simon, no this thread is hardly a contribution to enliven the morgue but it does reflect an honest oppinion. Sasa, no I back in Cape Town, I was only in Lausanne for 48hours, so only long enough to get bent over a barrel.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Its good when its boring, it means everybody is busy trading, investing or something. But remember, Boring people feel bored,sad people feel sad, and DEAD PEOPLE FEEL DEAD!
0 Kudos
warhippo
Super Contributor
I am not here that often, but my personal impression is that a lot of chat on forum (lately?)is about trading and traders - which I don't simply do because of time and lack of understanding - I must admit I enjoy the traders talks because it is sometimes very interesting how they see and do things about markets and I am sure and hope they make lots of money. I also see a lot of trading chats on Tickertalk - Simon being main mannetjie, but also mostly more views and takes of longer term investors. So, I enjoy reading both!
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Ram, well done for grabbing the bull by the horn.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
a chat forum is like a pub .. they come and go out of fashion .. very few stay around, this one will as it is attached to OST.. most do not survive, hek most don;t even get off the ground ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stem saam.Ta ta chartist.Hello skaap en Simon.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Stem saam.Ta ta chartist.Hello skaap en Simon.
0 Kudos
Blik
Super Contributor
On one hand John may think the forum is boring because most comments are possibly below his (and many others, VI, Skaap, Saash, Barry and of course now SPB etc etc) level of skill, and I am not being sarcastic. After reading posts like "what is XXX going to do", one tends to step back a touch and sigh. On the other hand Chartist did liven up the forum with a certain risque approach to comments, that obviously SFM found borderline. He was warned and then kicked off. I both appreciated and enjoyed his comment though, and what he wrote did not offent me. The forum is what each and everyone makes of it. Fridays Joke of the day hasnt appeared all that often, and John I havent seen you post much recently. It would be great if you came back and started posting regularly again though.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Lively thread....Go Zombies !
0 Kudos
stores
Super Contributor
OK ...Here is a Friday joke on a Tuesday...A guy out on the golf course takes a high speed ball right in the middle of his family jewels. Writhing in agony, he falls to the ground and as soon as he could manage, he took himself to the doctor. He said 'How bad is it doc? I'm going on my honeymoon next week and my fiancee is still a virgin - in every way The doctor told him, 'I'll have to put your Willie in a splint to let it heal and keep it straight. It should be okay by next week.' He took four tongue depressors and formed a neat little 4 sided splint, and taped it all together resulting in an impressive work of art. The guy mentions none of this to his girl, marries her, and goes on their honeymoon. That night in the motel room, she rips open her blouse to reveal her most beautiful pert breasts. She said, 'You're the first; no one has EVER touched these.' Upon which he immediately drops his pants and replies, 'Take a Look at this. . .... . . .. .. its still in the CRATE!'
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
At the grave risk of being just simply boring, no F*7%#@g comment!
0 Kudos