Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bottomed out?

Mark_A
Occasional Contributor
Does anyone else think that Ellies has bottomed out at 755?
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Preston
Super Contributor
Support is at R7.52.
0 Kudos
Mark_A
Occasional Contributor
Do you see an upturn in the short-term?
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Based on candlestick pattern, there was a bullish engulfing pattern at support level, which is positive but other technical indicators remains negative.Short term bounce is possible but i will not be trading derivative instrument on this share.
0 Kudos
indium
Contributor
I think we could have another period where we have a few days of successive selling on overall market. This normally drives prices down accross the board, so based on this I think more downside than upside at moment. Below 7 I would buy again as higher margin of safety.
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
Mark, are you smiling?
0 Kudos
Mark_A
Occasional Contributor
Much happier. Hopefully it runs up to R9 or thereabouts.
0 Kudos
U-Dog
Contributor
My 10c - and this is apurely personal view so take with a pinch of salt please!!!! The October update was extremely positive and the growth was there to back it up. However the fundamentals were already under pressure on the debt and working capital front. This business is tying up too much working capital at the moment which could be the result of the diversification strategy and the pursuit of so many different market angles. Its dividend policy also seems a bit haphazard and given the growth levels, one wonders whether they moved prematurely in returning monies to shareholders. Over the past couple of years they have returned some R70m and this could have perhaps been better utilised to fund the aggressive growth path. Assuming management come to the same realisation, I would not be surprised by a dividend cut coming through in the final year-end results – perhaps even the announcement of no final dividend. If this is the case, we may see the market pushing the share price even further down from its current level. Growth opportunities still present massive upside but there are 2 chief concerns. Firstly the ability of the company to service projects in the absence of a capital injection and secondly the timing of the rollout of some of these projects. The DTT rollout is on a slow-cooker at the moment and if Ellies have committed resources into scaling up to deliver in this space we could see problems in terms of both overcapacity and perhaps more worryingly technological obsolescence concerns – in the event of them stocking in anticipation of project delivery. The IPP preferred supplier listing similarly has seen Megatron win a number of small tenders but nothing to shoot the light out – especially of late. Again this seems to be a process which is rolling out very slowly. Although it’s unclear what kind of investment has been made in Skyvine, this does seem to be a bit of a wet blanket in the product mix so we may even see a shift out of this space – which may not necessarily be a bad move. On balance, I’d have to say that while there is the potential for big upside, there’s a lot of risk floating around this business at the moment. Greater clarity is needed on the timing of new projects. There needs to be a plan put on the table in respect of funding requirements and how the company intends to approach this. I’d be very sceptical if a debt injection is put on the table because I think they are becoming over-exposed on this front. I think this company may be a ripe target for a larger diversified industrial which is able to weather the short-term business dips and finance the longer term growth aspirations. In either event, there is very little short-term sustainable upside in this one is my view. And now lets watch how the share price spikes:)
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
for a good run to 960(trading), this share must first get to 825. Right now the trend is still down. if it sells off any more, the entry will be lowered accordingly but will always be higher than the "bottom"
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
nice thoughts whether one agrees or not shows thinking which is not so common ..
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
A valuable 10c.
0 Kudos