Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Brave Souls.

asylum
Super Contributor
How many brave souls did not sell anything today?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Ega
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
Are we stupid or what!!!
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
Are you saying Ega is stupid?
0 Kudos
Beep_Beep
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
GdM
Frequent Contributor
Didn't sell a thing
0 Kudos
Southpaw
Contributor
Me neither, hoping i wake up tomorrow and this was just a bad dream
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought GFI. Will buy more if it gets to R110 or starts climbing significantly.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Unplugged computer at 8am. Switched on now. Red arrows evereywhere but gonna ride out the storm!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Strategy told me to sell SBK, did so at 10901. Strategy Right - stick to it.
0 Kudos
MML
Occasional Contributor
Ahh.. I sold AWT - took the cash & what a good feeling - 56% in less than 24 hours. Watching some specbuys closely but the bulk of my portfolio I'm very happy to ride out the panic
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
I sold 2 contracts short on the index. made some nice money and covered just after 5.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tango : You SHORTED !.....I'm shocked,heh.Just joking,dude.I sold my TOPSBU today at 50c.Maybe, a nice jump will see another re-entry tomorrow...Adios.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
a confession, Zarp - I have a bias for the short side. I'm working on it. Need to sort it out. I find it much easier to scalp the corrections than to sit out the wobbling climb upwards. I'm happy to go long on shares and sit on them, but almost all my index trades are short. Will try trade the long (easier) side when the correction has played out.
0 Kudos
Tango
Super Contributor
Zarp, how long are you holding an instrument like topsbu? Consider the ALSI contracts, or a CFD platform. They are very good for index trades - tighter spread than warrants, low costs, no decay (just interest if you hold overnight), and they track the market directly, not according to an issuers matrix. Waves are also much better for the index for short-term trades, and DB has recently narrowed the spread and started offering live prices. Anyway, do what you need to, but take a close look at how efficient your instument is.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Generally,when compared to the same time last year(it sure got wild at Forum 5pm didn't it...FSRIBQ MTNIBR etc ...good/crazy memories)we're all a little wiser,I sense, this year.Anyway, I only play warrants at TAIL-DOWNS/TAIL-UPS using Fibo Supports/Resistance as markers....as of this moment.Otherwise,Cash is where I am.Scout's honour(Once the Bank PUT-fetish completes.)
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Tango: I held my TOPSBU for 2 days and sold because of the sudden surge.(averaged at 44c on the Buy.).I like this warrant for plenty of plays in this volatile month of May....that Gearing kicks and strike is most gettable..##..WAVES I like too;just need to get used to them in my head,first.Never played one yet.I see some of the fellow traders are quite au fait,so I watch their postings, to get clues,etc.
0 Kudos