Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Breaking R4 barrier next week?

Maggie
Super Contributor
Anyone think we will break through the R4 barrier next week?
0 Kudos
25 REPLIES 25
BAP
Regular Contributor
Hope not - waiting to get back in at a lower level. Bought SSF's at 380 earlier this week, stop loss kicked in at 340 just for it to rush up again. Ai, the school fees I'm paying....
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Looks very overbought again - i think it will go down to around R3.45 before it starts running up towards R3.80 again
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Hi Maggie,with the slow but ever increasing price of copper and its low PE ,it must be one of the brighter prospects in base metals.Yes soon as the Congo's license issues is finally settled confidence will return and the share is likely to rise more rapidly.In my book a buy,i'm holding!
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I agree with Barry. Look at the recovery of the CU price and the recovery of MTX. Overlay the charts, MTX is way off and still on the bottom line, should be around 1200 if it tracked.
0 Kudos
Mr_Money
Regular Contributor
I agree with Barry. I am also holding , with the expected upturn in copper prices , world economies improving , MTX sell-off of non core assets to ease debt. I see this share at least trippling in value over the next 17 months
0 Kudos
Not applicable
should i be going long at 3-50???
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Ally, do you think the market will move up soon? If you do, the go long, but if you think the market is correcting and going down don't buy. Don't expect any special treatment when the market tanks. MTX is not that special, and remains a speculators share. I won't buy long term unless there is a convincing close above R3.95. A small amount for a quick gamble is a different story.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
TA- The 100 MA & 200 MA are crossing, is this not a good buy signal?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
but do they need more money - this is the million dollar question that is holding me (and I htink a few of hte institutions) back. IF not, a great, great prospect - profitable at these production levels with a massive ramp up potential ahead and well hedged
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Stay on this ride or take the 50% and run?
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Look at the trend, MA signal run up to 430 by the end of the week.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
Kwv - You are problably right. This baby has the potential to shoot out the lights.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
I can see why Terrence is focusing on DRC and letting "non-core" (Whatever) assets go, copper is going to be in short supply very soon. http://www.miningmx.com/news/base_metals/Copper-entering-a-bull-phase.htm Metorex is going to recover very quickly, I honestly think that the bad news from earlier this year is keeping them down, their results should show a better debt book but in 12 months they would have erased their debt and making huge profits, 24 months I see a 5000 price for MTX,
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Have to love OST - place an SSF order at market and get the days high - thanks OST
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that be your risk of an @market .. an anyways day still way young ..
0 Kudos
djw
Regular Contributor
Agreed - should pay more attention at The Trade to Trade well seminar
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
Come on Mr. Money, read the thread before posting, I\ve got copyright on the articale...LOL.
0 Kudos
KVW
Super Contributor
HUGE VOLUME demand, something is up, I wonder what instituations are pumping this share.........VIEWS
0 Kudos