Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Brimstone PE

Kipper
Contributor
Digging and poking around using the share filter, revealed that BRT has a tiny PE, around 1.6. And comparing results YOY, the growth also looks good. I'm confused by the dividend cover of 29 times for YE Dec 2006. What does anyone else have on this one? Comment? Recommendation?
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Preston
Super Contributor
Not a bad little share. Impressed with dividend payout but the question need to be asked is 1. Is this the correct enviroment to invest in FInancial?
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
Looking at the contributions to revenue from various segments, seems that most is from industrial investments, 96%. Also, there are two shares, BRT, and BRN - what's the difference? Very low liquidity as well, does this mean that folks don't want to part with it?
0 Kudos
saash
Super Contributor
Looking at the shareholders, only a small % is on the open market, giving the low liq. & spread is also high. N class are non-voting shares.
0 Kudos
Kipper
Contributor
Yeah Saash, but there's such a large difference in the price between the regular and N shares - I find it hard to believe that the difference is wholly due to voting rights?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
kipper, sure but that is the only difference (and lack of liquidity. A lot more N's int he market mean they trade betetr and reflect a market value, whereas the brt's are vvv unliquid so a less accurate price.
0 Kudos
kicc
Frequent Contributor
i see the price went up from 800 to 1000 - can someone expalin the sudden rise?
0 Kudos