Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Brokerage Fees

Not applicable
Hey i am new to all this, just a student, i would like to know if u get charged brokerage fees everytime you buy shares, so if i wanted to spend a select percentage of my available money only only a select few shares, i would get charged a brokerage fee for each share that i buy?so basically minimum of R100 everytime time i buy some shares?
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Not applicable
so i think what im trying to say is that you cant pay 1 single brokerage fee in creating a portfolio of say 3 or 4 shares?
0 Kudos
AJDK
Frequent Contributor
You have answered your own question. The closest youll get to that is if you buy into a tradable index fund like the SATRIX40 that basically includes the top 40 shares on the JSE
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
You'll pay brokerage when you sell, too. Optimal transaction value R10k, some swear it to be R17k. Check 'Help and education' on the left of your screen , then click "Our fees"
0 Kudos
Not applicable
R10000 hey, well I have R5000 for now, so will have to just save a little more!thanx for your reply guys, for now im just thinking about investing in SMME's, maybe on the Altx?thats not a bad place to start?and if i make 3 trades this month i get the monthly charges s*****ed?am i correct?i just wana start learning, until i start earning enough real money to trade properly.
0 Kudos
surfer
Regular Contributor
yes you get your account for free but brokerage you still have to pay for.Trust me R10000 at a time or maybe some share instalments are more for you
0 Kudos
Not applicable
CHATTYCHAT I don't have "Our fees" under help and education. Are you sure this is where it is. Would like to see the exact rates for Insider Trading Protection because my calculations are always out by a cent or two.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Sorry, mate: you have to go through "Help.../Introduction to website/Our fees". I missed that middle section in my post.
0 Kudos
attackcat
Contributor
Don't forget to add the VAT...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Got it, thanks.
0 Kudos