Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buffet

barry_1
Super Contributor
I was suitably impressed this afternoon after watching an interveiw with Warren Buffet on CNBC....Among the points he made is that the best time to buy shares is in a recession.He went on and stated he got the best bargains during such periods in the past....Another point that he made was that it would be impossible for Americans to pay extremely high taxes to pay for the bailouts etc....He pointed out that a move like that would cripple the economy for ever and said the way back was to let inflation and a devaluing Dollar reduce the debt over time.He stated that this is the way America has done it in the past....He also stated the the American business model is a robust animal which mostly functions well and only ocasionally gets gummed up as it is now!....All valid points....I have never been a real Buffet fan as his investments don't do that well some times for years,how ever i must admit he is the most savy trader out there.
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
barry_1
Super Contributor
All this has me thinking that we must do something to rescue our own economy....Letting the Rand strengthen against the major currencies helps those countries,but is to our detriment.As we are coming out of the recession ourselves.Best keep on reducing our interest rates even it it eventually leads to mild inflation as our rate are still too attractive to foreigners.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Barry the point here really is inflation is inevitable, and that is good for mining stocks..get them while they are cheap.
0 Kudos
barry_1
Super Contributor
Yes too true,thats the crux of the matter,which one is likely to forget by concentrating too much on the short term.
0 Kudos