Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buffett's letter to shareholder is out

SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
Blik
Super Contributor
Loved his comment about only sissies ordering the small portions.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
I just measured some Kruger Rands and sure enough Warren is spot on. They have not changed from their standard size one iota. Color and weight still same too. I think I should take his advise and chuck them.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
keep one for defcon 4, you'll need soemthing to eat ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
eh eh..but we passed DEFCON 4... midday now so we just passed DEFCON 3..stops still at DEFCON 2 and DEFCON 1
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And when it gets really, really bad, you start sharpening your Krugerrands and using them as throwing stars.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
that is probably the best suggestion for a KR, aside from impressing people when you need to toss a coin for heads or tails ..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and if you stick them all together, they go further
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
Held up at DEFCON 3 whilst restocking the Buffet carriage for lunch.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
GOLD in any currency.Gold just kills the Dollar,the Rand,the Euro,the Pound.The finest investment of the last 10 years....and just warming up.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
The finest investment of the last 10 years .. doubt it, what's the total return in Rands or US$ over last 10 years ?? Very sure a number fo share beat it ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
let me clarify. I told someone in 2002...get the money out of your Provident Fund at 20% per year.Buy Kruger Rands.Thus in 2007, he would've bought his last chunk.And he'd be sailing along,whilst others stress about their Shares and stuff.Krugers stand a mile-high as a protector of Purchasing Power for the elderly.Buy and go Fishing.uh....the retiree did NOT buy because some idiot told him to invest in Unit Trusts.Yeah..that worked out.NOT !
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I bought 3 off 1oz KR for a total of 20k plus minus 3-4 year ago..
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
and i bought 3 Nelson Mandela coins(10 year anniversary) and the value shoots up every time he goes to hospital!
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
gold up around 4 fold in last decade (in zar) .. hmmm .. if you really liked your friend you would have suggested CPI, up some 16 fold, ex divs, in last 10 years ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
Rams, what are one of those coins going for now?
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
when he was in hospital, the price went up to about R100 000, now worth only about R30 000
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
he is still buying and hope to keep for another 20-30 years and the man is what, about 70 years old now!....and he pays less tax than his secretary!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
lol.Rams,are you going to flog them at his funeral?
0 Kudos