Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bulls Beware

venice
Super Contributor
This rally is starting to suck enough people into long positions i.e put call ratio showing a bullish bias that a good round of selling isn't far away. To get a real good long squeeze you need enough people long that when the selling starts the gate is narrow and panic enough to cause a good short. I don't know when but I'm starting to close my longs and sit on my hands a while.
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
venice
Super Contributor
I am so sure that I'm short the ALSi @ 22650 with a stop @ 22725.
0 Kudos
Electrox
Super Contributor
Hi Venice.. wat happened to that skype address.? i got something i wanna show you on the alsi..
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
All share 25k!? Eish.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
There may be much excitement if the TOPI could run a little closer to the SB TOPSKP Put Knockout at 23,500 before tanking. Would that be asking too much Mr. Market?
0 Kudos
quovadis
Frequent Contributor
Venice, 3 points from being stopped out and now moving into profit again?
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Are we turning? Index sliding down from days high.
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
The Prophet Venice! He speaks, all listen. Markets tremble when he gets a cold.
0 Kudos
Oom_Boom
Frequent Contributor
Are you calling the top of the market? Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, I can laugh as I was stopped out of all my shorts last week already.
0 Kudos
DEP
Super Contributor
Who is shorting the TOP40 today?
0 Kudos
kingsol
Frequent Contributor
good time to get out.im out.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
boys an girls .. the time to short will arrive, an it will be easy to spot coz the market will be going down .. for now the market is goign up so one has three potential positions .. long .. out .. wrong ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
thanks Simon. I was starting to panic with all the warnings.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Hmmm..the top must be very close IMO.If you not in the market,better to stay out and wait for the trend to reverse,to go long now would be crazy as the downside potential far outweighs the potential upside,since most of the top 40 stocks have rallied 25%+..IMHO.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the top may be close .. but lets be honest, people been saying that for about the last 10% on the up ?? so I'll my favourite saying .. trade the price ..
0 Kudos
kemp
Occasional Contributor
Who went long with agl at 270 this morning....seeing that everything is going up
0 Kudos
venice
Super Contributor
Simon is right I'm talking shorter term. As I day trade the alsi I make most of my money being right in the short term, long term guys still have long signals. I'm looking for short term pull backs to make money. I did sell my shares however and will get back in at better levels.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
JSE is currently demonstrating one of hte strongest bull run signals I know, big upward stabs followed by sideways consolidation (usually within the last big candle). These patterns are extremely resilient, and can stick around for a long time with no discernable or tradable downside.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Who knows where this will top out....more data out tommorow and that could start the slide. The Dow has just about reached its first Fib retracement from the 2008 Q4 peak to the bottom of the crash. Looking at some of our big boys, Billiton has nearly retraced to the 50% Fib level from its highs and is running low on momentum. The reality is that we are still going up and evn when the correction comes how large will it be? Technically we are seeing massive inverse H&S patterns on all major indices pointing to even more upside after a short correction. I hate trading counter trend....selling this market gives me the heebies and yet its to high to enter into if you are out. Best option if you are not in long is to sit and wait.
0 Kudos
asylum
Super Contributor
have to agree with you ninja, took some profits on acl,bil, and have kept a few longs going, but wont buy or short at the moment, a wait and see is appropraite me thinks.
0 Kudos