Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Business day

Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Owning Oando, I'm still amazed at all the great press they receive. This one brags about all the dividends they pay and they always make a profit. Never mind that the dividend is tiny and has only just been re introduced, nor that their profit margins are miniscule. Is this magazine credible at all? Do they allow Oando to write the articles? http://businessdayonline.com/2013/06/oando-pays-n16-4bn-dividend-analysts-project-strong-outlook/
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable
Well, a 6% dividend yield doesn't sound too bad to me? I am starting to have a look at these guys a bit more seriously. You can't judge them on their 2011 performance - they diluted their stock (very strange policy, I would hardly call their 'share bonus' scheme a good thing - but oh well), then went for a rights issue to fund an acquisition that will (according to them) boost production from 10k to 100k barrels per day. That is a big leap, and if they are back to paying dividends (and healthy ones too) they must not be too concerned about their funding requirements? Interesting, from a speculation point of view.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
where is the dividend coming from and whats the dividend cover?
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Share price gone from 1400 in mid 2008 to 57 today. News says they've had massive growth since then but as you say, dilution as they've gone back to the investors for more money. No dividend last year. No wonder they could find a little cash to spice up their results. But miniscule profit percentages and no sign of getting better.
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Share price gone from 1400 in mid 2008 to 57 today. News says they've had massive growth since then but as you say, dilution as they've gone back to the investors for more money. No dividend last year. No wonder they could find a little cash to spice up their results. But miniscule profit percentages and no sign of getting better.
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Spin Doctors or according to Nigeria's worse reputations less flattering words come to mind.
0 Kudos