Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Business phone

Not applicable
I know this is slightly off the topic of shares, but need some input please. I am looking to buy a business phone that is also a quick and easy way to log onto OST and trade shares, at the mo I'm leaning towards the Nokia N97, touch screen, qwerty key board etc. Any one have this phone or a better alternative?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Werner_1
Super Contributor
I am a real fan of the BlackBerry Bold - plan to get one shortly when i can upgrade my contract. Ask a few guys online, they have this model and are very happy with it.
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Blackberry bold the way to go i have one and it is great business phone have no experience of the Nokia but Simon has one and swears by it
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
Nokia E71 ..
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Simon, I wonder if u could help me I bought a Nokia E71 phone recently but when I try and log into the Standard Bank share site it throws up "Bad Request (Invalid Header Name)" - do u know why?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Download opera Mini... open it through that!
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ya, tis a security issue .. opera Mini works perfect ..
0 Kudos
moomoo
Contributor
Does any of the phone browsers support price streamer? Opera mini doesnt the last time I checked...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
none, because they don;t run flash .. some such as the E71 has flash ability, but that's for static content .. not web based ..
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
apparently rim are busy with adobe flash for blackberry not sure of release date but hopefully could then run price streamer on bold
0 Kudos
divz
Super Contributor
Hot off the press: Tomorrow at MAX, Adobe's worldwide developer conference, Adobe Systems Incorporated will announce with partner Research In Motion (RIM) their progress in bringing Flash support to BlackBerry devices. RIM, the company behind BlackBerry's wireless platform, including email and touchscreen technologies, is joining Adobe's Open Screen Project, a 50-organization-members-strong organization that aims to promote better apps for richer mobile, television, and desktop browsing experiences for users. With this announcement, 19 out of the top 20 mobile handset manufacturers are now collaborating with Adobe to integrate Flash technology into their devices. Also at MAX, Adobe and Nokia are jointly announcing the funding of more than 35 multi-screen applications as part of the Open Screen Project Fund. Several apps will be demonstrated at the show, including Twitter client Twittle, interactive map MyFestivalGuide, entertainment app SmartGrooves, frequent flyer app MileBlaster, real-time audience feedback app Live TalkBack, and many more. Adobe is also announcing support for HTTP streaming and several new mobile-ready features, including multi-touch, gestures, accelerometer, and screen orientation. Flash Player 10.1 is the first consistent browser-based runtime from the Open Screen Project that offers browsing of Flash-based web apps, HD video, and other content on smartphones, netbooks, other Internet-enabled devices. Flash support is also expected for several other mobile platforms, including Google Android, Symbian, Palm webOS, and Windows Mobile. A public developer beta will be available for Windows Mobile, webOS, and desktop operating systems before the end of the year. A public developer beta for Android and Symbian should be announces early in 2010, with general availability and publicly available devices coming in the first half of 2010.
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Did download - works great.
0 Kudos
madmac
Occasional Contributor
What is the address for OST on a cellphone?
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am looking for a smart phone for the same reason. How about the blackberry storm? and do any of you know if the meta trader 4 forex trading platform will work on a blackberry? Im not sure which operating system it uses.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
How about the I phone? That is the one I am looking to buy. Any opinion on it?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
iphone is a locked down device .. you could not access secure sites .. you cannot teather it .. you cannot load apps you wanna .. etc .. basically you can only do what steve jobs allows ..
0 Kudos