Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buy Buy Buy

Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
So many experts thought Mr Kirkinis was the best in the business, including SBS, Mr Brown and many others I thought credible. My question, if they were taken in, who is ever going to lend even other peoples money to Mr Kirkinis again as I believe Abil does not accept deposits but sells a form of bond. Surely this company is now a sell at any price until they have a new convincing story. Would anyone believe Kirkinis again. Fall on your sword dammit.
0 Kudos
34 REPLIES 34
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
what am I being tarred for ??
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
lol, you are been tarred because of your association with Mr Walker/or AGL technical guru....RAMS
0 Kudos
Prestonmyhusban
Regular Contributor
RAMS is funny, i like him.
0 Kudos
Lee_1
Frequent Contributor
Sorry Simon I am not suggesting anything about you. Though, "They do the updates every three months very much to keep people informed what’s happening." and including Abil in your dividend portfolio suggests you didn't see this coming. Nobody did. That's why I questioned whether the trust in this company has been lost. And it depends on trust from investors more than say Standard bank does as Standard has depositors.
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
There are certain things that are sacred, a line you don't cross, you just crossed that line.....I have learnt from Simon, the true art of trading well, Simon is in a class of his own and all good traders will be proud to have learnt from him
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Eh for that directed at Preston and....his husband, or wife, husband....talk of funny!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Why should he fall on his sword? His company still generates over R1,8bn in cash - when he cuts the dividend (to 3.7%) he is still better than 70% of the stocks on the JSE - they return 16.6% on capital employed - again, more than 60% of JSE CEO's dream of that kind of return. Their only crime - the environment they operate in - but they didn't hide that from you - it is their business. It is what they do. So you either like the sector, or steer clear. But you can't blame a company for posting a 25% reduction in headline earnings for your woes. I mean, Reunert does that, and the market only rerates them 10%. Abil does it, and the market affords them a PE of 5, probably 1/3rd of their long term PE average.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Sammy,thank goodness you've got your name on your shoe soles, otherwise we wouldn't have known who the hell was up there.
0 Kudos
Preston
Super Contributor
Rams, the object of OST members affliction.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I remember a time in 2008 when OML was struck with a bad case of leprosy (PE 4.8) for various reasons. No one wanted to touch it. ABIL will have it's day in the sun, if you're willing to ride the rollercoaster with it. You just need to figure out when you're willing to get onboard. omo
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, but remember, the buying on OML started when people reliased that OML was so big a ship, it would still be above water if sinks...how big a ship is ABL
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
yes, but remember, the buying on OML started when people reliased that OML was so big a ship, it would still be above water if sinks...how big a ship is ABL
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes, that portfolio having a tough time of it .. astral was in and price didn't hurt so much as div fell before price/div collapsed .. but still been tough
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
I remember Mr Kirkinis suggesting that they just avoided a disaster a good few months back. The share has been in decline for the last 14 months. Let's face it, the signs have been on the wall for those caring to look. The divi's is what kept most investors drawn to this share, including myself. Scenario's like these gives stop losses a good name. I don't think I've ever been so glad to be stopped out.
0 Kudos
THRESHOLD
Super Contributor
With the rand where it is, I think it is time to say good!BYE! to retail and banks. Will revisit them some time in the future. In the meantime I'll hunker down behind my NTC's and other largely foreign shares and try and find religion as I wait for the GOLD story to resolve itself.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I am still eying out that long term support trendline with around 1080.. if this bounces off that support you can make a killing all the way up to 24....25...26!!! (hmmmm still has to drop a good 30% to that support!) Lets wait and see what happens.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
1080 is an unrealistic expectation.
0 Kudos
sponono
Super Contributor
my long term support is at R5 30 April 2003
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
What is after R5.30 - Zero perhaps ?