Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buy Price - SATRIX CFD's

WernerH
Contributor
Hi All... I am looking to buy some cfd's against some of the satrix shares. I know that Satrix is a market maker so they sell and buy at a given price. I am however new to CFD's so just want to clarify. If I want to guarantee a buy should i put a bid in at the lowest sell price on the Bid & Offer? And on the flip side, to guarantee a sell must i sell at highest buy price? And then is the difference between the two how satrix make their money? Regards Werner
0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Jellyram
Contributor
Index moves to slow for CFD. You need to be in a long time to make money on Index but in the meanwhile you pay for the money you are borrowing from the bank and then it eats away all your profits.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
I tarde CFD's on the STX indices using my lazy system .. works perfectly .. sure last trade went on for months and the cost of carry was 20% of the margin, BUT the profit was over 100% of the margin ..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Jellyram is off the mark, Satrix CFD's are a pretty good way to trade the index, providing you are not trying to day trade. Use them for Simon's lazy trading system - very effective. With regards to your buy sell question, the spread is pretty fixed. If you place your buy order a couple of points above Satrix's block order, you might get lucky catching someone who is looking to exit. But most likely your order will only get filled when the index moves below your price and the satrix block sell kicks in
0 Kudos
WernerH
Contributor
i wish i could put in screen shots, at the moment there is no sell price on SATRIXRES. what price should i enter a buy? yeah, i plan to use a version of Simons Lazy Trading System, see how it works for me. Werner
0 Kudos
WernerH
Contributor
Hi Simon... Yeah, i read that you are leaving / have left SB. Is this correct? where are you going to? and are you planning to stay active in this forum. I am using a slightly customized version of your lazy trading system. One question that i do have for you, as we are only risking 2% at a time, it seems that i could probably buy the underlying instead of a CFD? obviously you can not short satrix without using cfd's. your views? werner
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
market maker typically only arrives at 9.10am .. assuming they not late .. and they exit at 4.50 pm ..
0 Kudos
WernerH
Contributor
Thanks... when the trade went trhough i got the following sms. bought @ cfd 5730c & U'lying 5710. I assume that it cost me 5730c. And the 20c diff here went towards SB for CFD. I now see large buy and sell volumes (e.g. 100000shares) i assume that these are the market makers? Sorry about all of the questions, just want to ensure understanding early on. Werner
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
SimonPB. Please be so kind to indicate to me where I can get more information about your "lazy system" of trading. How does it work?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
go to tickertlk.co.za, group on top left ..
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Jellyram
Contributor
Many thanks Simon!!
0 Kudos