Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buy SOL if it closes above 268 on Monday

kwagga
Super Contributor
Omo, but I reckon SOL is a short term long if it closes above 268 on Monday. Keep a very tight stop loss though.
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Aapstert
Occasional Contributor
Yes I tend 2 agree with you. R32 below the 2oo day moveing average and volume picked up to 15 mil for friday. SST and RSI at 50 %.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
i must say u ryt, stop loss a close below 265-00, thats if u tradin it
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
I am waiting to short Sasol from the R290 mark.......targets 270 and then 258.
0 Kudos
manicks
Regular Contributor
i would be wary of doing that if i were you keep a tight stop loss
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Always keep a tight stop dude, market has drilled that home over the past few years. I think Sol will struggle to maintain momentum past the 200 day MA.....if we see a clear reversal day down from R290 ish it may be a good trade. My first pick is still a short on naspers, is setting up quite nicely now......
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Ninja, recently started following NPN; please explain how you see a short setup developing.
0 Kudos
Ninja
Super Contributor
Skala...I am epecting the Index (alsi) to turn anytime between now and the 27500 mark and NPN will follow. The uptrend has been broken quite comprehensively and this retracement needs more time before we see the bull continue. The relief rally we are seeing at present is on low volume and the Naspers bounce has been on even less volume. Stochastic now moving into OB territory.....technically I am expecting some downside in the days to come, but I am sure this is simply a breather in the bull before we continue up. I may be wrong of course, I am incredibly good at that, but technically this rally seems a little undercooked and the initial retracement not large enough. The bull needs to rest if it is to continue running in the weeks ahead..OMO. Looking at the Dow I would Sell short on a reversal day down from 10 370 to a target of 9560 and then 9420 -fib support)I always trade on reversal days as they offer a clear stop loss as a close above the reversal day's high......my thinking may be wrong......but IMO this correction has more downside to come before the bull goes onwards. Hope it makes sense!
0 Kudos