Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buy out

dreamer
Contributor
Hold a small share of Tourvest shares. Good volumes in the last few days. There is word of a possible private buy out of the company. Tommy Edmond on Bruce Whitfield, a couple of weeks back. Usually an increase in volumes suggest there might be progress on the deal. Hope there is a nice premium to shareholders if the deal goes through. Any more info? Any ideas on a fair value for a private equity deal?
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Major
Regular Contributor
hi dreamer. trt has been a great share for the past year or so, with good dividends to sweeten it up nicely. speculation is that imperial, which currently holds a controlling stake, will take out minorities like us. I'd vote against it unless they offer a mega premium because trt has a good run ahead of it with increasing tourist numbers and a weakening currency!
0 Kudos
dreamer
Contributor
Major, thanks for the message. I agree I would like to hold on too the share. My main reason is that they have made some acquisitions - which all look profitable. And of course tourism is a growing sector. Might be time for some minority shareholders to make some noise. OMO
0 Kudos