Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying Gold Bars at Metcon

NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
Hi guys Just a question about a company called Metcon. Is this company legit? Cant trust anything on the internet these days Regards
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
DEP
Super Contributor
Well, you answered you own question... you want gold - buy GLD - safer, safer, safer...
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
totally agreed with DEP, this is one lesson Ive learned (luckily not through my own experience).
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
Hi The question was more about the company
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
Well the name says it all....Met...CON.
0 Kudos
Fredsed
Super Contributor
And Bonzo plays this part of the con, to lend credibility to his numerous guises. The secret puppet show. Insane but true isnt it Bonzo!
0 Kudos
BC02
Super Contributor
sorry, dont know anything about the company, all Im saying is that the "investment" world is FULL of pitholes where you can lose your money with dodgy scammers (even through legitimate businesses - have a look at forexpeacearmy).
Hands down playing it safe with a company or vehicle you know always wins in the long run.
If you want to invest in Gold, buy gold through FNB or GLD (ABSA), etc. Just my advise.
0 Kudos
NOMAD1
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
I think ABSA has some product where you own gold bars but don't have bother with storage and stuff...I think
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have spoken to them. Not yet purchased anything, but a friend of mine did and didn't have any problems. You probably want to diversify with holding some physical? With regards to gold I think its better to go for Kruger rand as no VAT and very liquid. That you can get from FNB and coin shops etc. If however you want to buy physical silver there's very few option with METCON being one. Try Gold Reef Mint as well.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Have a look at www.bullionvault.com. Been with them a year with no problems. Very professional, worth comparing. Just a thought...
0 Kudos
Penny_Pincher
Super Contributor
Lakeshore Trading for Silver bullion. Had no problems with them.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ive dealt with lakeshore trading for silver. Keogh coins in dbn (7 years now!) and I have an account with goldmoney.com (similiar to bullionvault) Metcon are actually legit. The only reason I havnt dealt with them is I already have suppliers for what I want. As for all the GLD pundits out there its a great proxy for gold but if you want physical ownership then its not for you. - P
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ive dealt with lakeshore trading for silver. Keogh coins in dbn (7 years now!) and I have an account with goldmoney.com (similiar to bullionvault) Metcon are actually legit. The only reason I havnt dealt with them is I already have suppliers for what I want. As for all the GLD pundits out there its a great proxy for gold but if you want physical ownership then its not for you. - P
0 Kudos