Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying Platinum - Metal not Miner

Werner_1
Super Contributor
I read an small article in the Sunday Times just now where an analyst from UBS (if i remember correctly) says one should buy Platinum (the metal) as a result of the power crisis and other reasons. My question, in South Africa, how do i buy the metal Platinum? I don't think there is any EFT in the world yet, or am i behind the time, i recall them wanting to start one some time ago?
0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
chas
Regular Contributor
Saw the article as well also curious - the equivalant of New Gold?
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
after doing some research : ETF Securities in the UK has a platinum ETF, details:http://www.etfsecurities.com/msl/etfs_physical_platinum.asp they have numerous others, but i presume one needs a UK based stockbroker for this?
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
Thanks - maybe Simon can help tomorrow.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
there are 2 Plat ETF's, neither trades in SA.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
Hi Simon i have an HSBC trading account in Euros/Dollars /Sterling can you five me the codes for the Plat ETF cheers
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
Hi Simon i have an HSBC trading account in Euros/Dollars /Sterling can you five me the codes for the Plat ETF cheers
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
0 Kudos
INTTHEMONEY
Contributor
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
InTheMoney, the one ETF is, the LSE Code is "PHPT" - see http://www.etfsecurities.com/en/securities/etfs_securities.asp for list of ETF from ETF Securities...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
What is required to have the HSBC trading account, i was looking at Barclays Stockbrokers as well, but is there any issues if one comes from SA? i want to find all options to trade that plat fund...
0 Kudos