Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying Stock on other Markets

Jim_Bean
Regular Contributor
Can I buy shares on other markets (E.g. FTSE, ASX etc.) using my STD Bank trading account? If so, how. If not how can I buy shares on other markets?
0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
from here the db x-trackers (ETF's). otherwise move money off shore (subject to thr R2million limit an rules), open a trading account in another market and trade away.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Is it really that easy. ?? I have tried to register on the Asx, and they require you to be a registered tax payer in Australia
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you have to do all the other countries FICA requirements (or what ever they call them). But I opened a UK account no sweat.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
JB try using IGindex.co.uk as long as you give them the fica stuff no sweat. Once they get docs account is opened withing 30 minutes. With credit card cash reflects in a about the same time.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
small point, IG is derivatves not shares.
0 Kudos
scandal
Super Contributor
true simon, however iwhen trading on IG in the UK profits are exempt from CGT which goes a long way compared to 38% in SA?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
doesn't change your risk, and the tax story is dodgey.
0 Kudos
GL
Contributor
Scandal - if you're trading from SA, then your IG profits are taxable in SA. Sorry.
0 Kudos