Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying US shares from SA

Not applicable
I use TDAmeritrade and they have no monthly admin fee and flat fee of $10 per trade.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Werner, whatch out for the CFD companies offering positions in foreign markets, since these are trading accounts that mark to market, and you get the double wammy of adjusting your margin to the exchange rate as well. For your style of investing (pardon me for being presumptious, but you are not looking to actively trade offshore?) they are not what you are looking for. I have tried taking offshore positions before, in the UK, and gave up because I couldn't find a broker that would do it (my pockets weren't deep enough). I know that the JSE is offering or planning to offer blue chip international shares traded locally - but don't know the status of this initiative
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Interesting to note that according to my charting software, the FTSE 100's highest ever price was recorded on the 4th Jan 2000. It never recovered after that, with the next peak in 18th June 2007, 2% off its 2000 highs.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
thanks for the comment, you 100%, my strategy is long term holdings and i am not interested in any of those CFD platforms. I chatted today with a guy from Charles Schwab, they might be able to help, am reading through some info they sent me. just need some docs, like passport, bank statement, etc. Will also check out TDAmeritrade... thanks
0 Kudos
genie2b
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos