Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Buying and selling Prices?

moneybunny
Contributor
Hi, I am brand new at investing and have started buying STX40 shares? Can someone kindly tell me how I can tell when a trade is made whether it is a purchase or a sale, as I dont see any indication. Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
because it is both a seller and a buyer ..
0 Kudos
theyoungster
Super Contributor
good chioce on buying STX,
0 Kudos
moneybunny
Contributor
Oh I see, in other words a trade of for example 5000 @ 2660 could be made up of several people buying and selling in one trade? If that is so how do I know whether I am the only person buying at 2660 and that everyone else knows something I dont and is selling?? regards Mike
0 Kudos
moneybunny
Contributor
I hope so, my logic is if the top 40 go down so will everything else.But I see my investment as medium term. Maybe up to 5 years hope this is the right view?? regrads Mike
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
not exactly .. a trade you see is one buyer and one seller on each side .. if there are more sellers then expect price to fall, and ore buyers price will rise .. that said ETF's have market maker so demand/supply has no impact ..
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
good view - good luck and buy on the dips....
0 Kudos