Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bye Bye Bafana Bafana.

striker
Super Contributor
Unless S.A. beat France by at least 4-0,and Uraguay and Mexico dont draw their game,it's the end of the road,and will mean SA will become the first host nation failing after the first round. ,
0 Kudos
81 REPLIES 81
Not applicable
Hahaha.. Yeah.. What i still cant believe is that some people actually thought that Bafana could win the World Cup.. Come On England...Show Them Tonight!
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
And Carlos got paid R1,8 mil per month for 270 min of soccer. If he was paid for 24 months that would be R 160 000 for every minute they played in the world cup. The question is answered - Can a country like South Africa afford a world cup and the answer is simple - NO WE CAN'T.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Guys... is that kind of attitude really needed..sure we were always up against it but if you actualy look at it, we have been illiminated because of a poor penalty call!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
John - we were never in that game even if you exclude the penalty we were soundly beaten.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
We were played by Uruguay John. They are masters at acting on the field. When will Bafana learn - If you take a dive hold your face and scream of anguish and don't hold the body part that is supposed to be hurt? Remember always keep it unreal. If it was up to a TV referee teams like Uruguay will end with virtually no players on the field by the end of every game.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Ya but we did played to a 1 all draw with the team who is likely to go through. That's amazing considering where we were 2/3 months ago.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
John...this the time to apply your good market sense on the football pitch. You can't expect a country ranked N=83 in the world to compete with the Big Boys...they are ranked that low for a good reason...and no matter how much hype is around the WC they did deserve to lose to Uruguay !! The first shot on goal came in the 69' min...that says it all !!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Germany for champions!!!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
The Bafanas are only 2 red cards away given in the first half to the French and they stand a chance of doing the job! And hope the ref is Nigerian...! Otherwise don't miss the Banana-Banana show Tuesday night!
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes...feels like the Aussies just wanted to pick up the ball and score a try in that game...lol. So useless with their feet !!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
German precion again on display this afternoon.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
You guys can kick nicely when a mans down, lol, it is irelevant that we lost and that we were outplayed and probably wouldn't have qualified if we weren't hosting. But to be in this country with all of us jeering for the same team and being in that freezing stadium and watching the country shout in one voice is worth more than winning the world cup! Ke nako, I am loving every minute of it, forca Portugal!
0 Kudos
Terra
Super Contributor
Don't try to type with gloves on.
0 Kudos
Starsky
Frequent Contributor
Hey Guys, Even if we do not proceed into the next round; we surely win first prize for hosting a wonderful tournament thus far.This is organisation at its best. I watch the spain / switzerland game and used the park and ride facility.every step of the way was unbelievable.I even had teh otion to catch a train ride supported by a train time schedule which was well detailed.I am really proud to be a south african. Rememeber when we trade ; we gladly hold our loosing trades much longer and exit winnign trades to early. So lets stay with Bafana Bafana much longer, they will definitely do well in Brazil.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip, cant wait for the match - being a dual citizen of both Germany and South African I have 2 options for winning the World Cup! I have a huge amount of confidence in the German side!
0 Kudos
topgun
Super Contributor
All of us were certainly not jeering for the same team and shouting in one voice.not while a new soccer stadium is named after an ANC cadre that actively encouraged genocide.and while innocent farmers are still being executed on a weekly basis in the most horrific manner. Not all of us suffer from selective amnesia and willingly partake in a dubious morality when passing mass hysteria demands it. Also fascinating how demographically unrepresentitative the Bafoons are, while other sporting codes are forever subjected to extortion and executive threats to transform. Viva Forlán.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes I like them...I see they got plenty of "foreigners" in the side...Polish, Turkish, Serbian.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
Yip... Its a pity Ballack cannot play. 4 years ago I wasnt so happy when Germany lost against Italy in the closing seconds of the game - lets hope this time is different.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Yes I remember the game! DE definitely played the better football on the day. But the Italians have always been lucky! The game before Italy they played Australia and they were outplayed in that game too! A great dive by Totti in the remaining seconds gave them a penalty and won the game. Hate them sometimes!
0 Kudos