Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bye Bye Bafana Bafana.

Wizard
Super Contributor
If Bafana did qualify yesterday they would landed STRAIGHT in the lion's den....Argentina...lol!! Uruguay's now going to have few beers... a nice practice session against Korea and prepare for the business end of the WC....the Quarter Finals!
0 Kudos
Russ
Super Contributor
And well done Russ for again correctly predicting the number of honkies in each team.
0 Kudos
kwagga
Super Contributor
Adios Bafana. All in all didn't do badly compared with historic data. Wonder if we can expext the same support from a lilly white springbok team in future ?
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Simba - agree Heskey has done nothing (neither has Rooney )Cole should be in and I'd play Crouch alongside Rooney.Hope that Lennon comes to life.England must play wide down the flanks,and the wings must beat their marker and cut into the box.Prediction ENG 2-0.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ANG to be on the plane home tomorrow :)
0 Kudos
chas
Regular Contributor
I am no footie expert saw the Portugal game on Monday - wonderful and 7 goals scored!!.For me, with England it all in the mind now - it not about who they choose but rather about attitude! Go England!
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
We have got this far with only the back line playing well, imagine when we click, i am pleased we drew Germany as they hold no surprises for us and we have spent the past 200 years beating them at everything from the Great Wars to the eurovision song contest. I for see an England/Argentina final and we all know what happens when the Argentine anoys England......
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
england ???? you kidding, they useless .. if they lucky they'll loose int he semis .. but bloem likely to be as far as they get ...
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
GO GERMANY - On Sunday Germany will eliminate England...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Ciao to Italia as well ! Unbelievable. On current form it looks like the South Americans (Brasil,Argentina favorites) will take the cup.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
its surprising that both finalists of the previous world cup are out on the first round... USA impressed me though, i didnt think they are that good, seem to never give up and this worked well for them now and then... I wonder what will happen against Ghana soon - I was also impressed with Ghana, they gave my team (Germany) a big run for their money! I would like to see Germany advance and take the cup!!! It will be a hard competition though, I think i saw some really good teams so far, like you say South America is quite hot! lets see how it develops, will operate one game at a time - so England is the next to fall!
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
Werner,this will be a close one - could even go to penalties.I think Eng.will s*****e through.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
Spain. Give Torres a rest and they are looking deadly!
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
We will have to see. when it comes to soccer Germany is my team - I am German so there was never any option in my view... but lets see what happens.
0 Kudos
Galuc
Super Contributor
If Spain dont pull out all the stops tonight and that better include Torres, they will be the next team on the plane out! FORCA PORTUGAL!
0 Kudos
Dutch
Frequent Contributor
Hup Hup Holland!!! Nederland vs Brazil in final....
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
Just got back from Jhb where I went to see Ger-Gha and Slv-Ita and enjoyed the vibe at both stadiums, and although Durban's Moses Mahbida may be the most impressive in looks (watched 3 WC games there already), Soccer City's atmosphere has got to be the best this country has to offer, World class. Before the competition started I thought this was going to be one of upsets, and I don't think we've seen the end of them.From the very 1st world cup final, one of 4 teams have been represented (ITA, GER, ARG, and BRA), one out already is it going to change this time round? I wouldn't bet on it.
0 Kudos
Werner_1
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
Bafana: Feeell it - it is GONE! Old Santana took everybody for a ride and he took the boys nowhere during the time that he was paid a fortune - the SA management team to be blamed for that blunder! ... At least Carlos P lately tought the boys a little about 1st world tactics and long passes. My money is on the Netherlands...
0 Kudos
SIMBA
Super Contributor
This morning for breakfast i eat humble pie, never in the history of mankind have so many been disapointed by so few.We were defeated in the air we were defeated on the beaches and so on..........
0 Kudos