Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

Bye Bye MRF

Plonky
Super Contributor
Dumped the lot today, good luck to those who are hanging in there. Swopped to Wescoal and Miranda. I hope Murphy is not lurking !!!!
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Merafe has slowed down, but I think, and I am sure, that once they get on with their road show, that they should be able to rack up a fair bit of excitement again. Mrf is in the right segment for continued upward moevement in share price, a temporary slow down (very temporary) is good, and I expect the upwards movement to continue.
0 Kudos
Maggie
Super Contributor
Hmmm Plonky I think Wescoal has done really well but isn't going to continue running. Miranda bit risky OMO
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I have been trading MRF for over a year. Made some, lost some, but overall up quite a bit. MRF will go to 420 and above. You must be patient and be able to absorb short term losses as it is marginally volatile.
0 Kudos
Mr_Bean
Frequent Contributor
Well said Kariba, this baby aint going to just drop off the radar in a hurry. There is too much going for Mrf. R4.20 in very short term, but a lot higher by year end.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
Hi Guys... thanks for the comments, they make a lot of sense. I am getting impatient with MRF, and the coal market is "hot" at the moment. Miranda, Wescoal and CZA are all very volatile at the moment, and I am speculating daily on them. Looking at MRF's graph, it has definitely entered into a new trading band, which appears to trend horizontally at the moment. Fundamentally, I am sure MRF will continue to do well, but probably slower than the coal shares.
0 Kudos
platsak
Super Contributor
I made the same mistake with Merafe. Had a lot of ssf which i aquired between 140 and 190. Sold after I got impatient. Made a lot but lost out on a bar of potental profit. Margin on ssf will double from the 2th of May to R50 a contracts which is problably scaring a few investors to sell now which may affect the price.
0 Kudos
Plonky
Super Contributor
This is what I talking about !!!!. The coal shares are bouncing around today. Buy low sell high.... easy to say, not always easy to catch. Wescoal and Miranda are offering good buying opportunites.
0 Kudos
DCTrader
Super Contributor
Potential bar profit? Nice! Wouldn't mind playing around with that sort of cash!
0 Kudos
Not applicable
You don't need to be told, but Murphy was around. Ouch Ouch Ouch.
0 Kudos