Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CAE futures

GrantRB
Contributor
Any one else still holding alot of futures in CAE ?
0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Frequent Contributor
Me burning myself stukkend
0 Kudos
GrantRB
Contributor
me to i got in quite high , but i think in the next two weeks we should all be alright , does anyone know why the increase in margin was so high ?
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
the margin increase was due to the underlying shares running upwards and with the margin levels not being adjusted this lead to serious gearing/risk levels. So they were adjusted upwards to reduce gearing/risk. This adjustment will now be a monthly feature.
0 Kudos
john_1
Super Contributor
Good or bad thing Simon. Some will be forced sellers of quality as a result of this.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
you asking me if I think it's good or bad? I think good, risks had increased massively in already risky stocks.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
Na, I'm holding the underlying stock. Far less traumatic. Allows me to think medium to long term. Sleep far better at night. I'm accumulating more this week.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
ah yes, sleeping well at night. the oft neglected, but very important, first rule.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Yes I am also in with futures. Also taking a bit of a hammering but I have at least a 12 month view on this one...
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
12 month, damn , hope i makes a move in the next 2 weeks , at least a little
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
12 month, damn , hope it makes a move in the next 2 weeks , at least a little
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Yes woould not mind it going back to 260c!But it is a solid company and RIDICULOUSLY cheap at a PE of 5.8. So hang in there - it will move up again. Unfortunately the whole *****ing margin increase together with the SENS caused a bit of panick selling...
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
DT, an the margin issue is likely to continue tomorrow as some brokers will only do argin calls tonorrow after tonights M-T-M.
0 Kudos
dimitrius
Regular Contributor
Day Trader, I don't think we'll have to wait as long as 12 months to see a move. August's AGM will be interesting, and so will the september half year results release. I wouldn't mind seeing who the high-net worth families are that are piling into this share.
0 Kudos
Day_Trader
Regular Contributor
Simon - good thing I transferred some cash into my STD account then... Dimitrius - I agree wholeheartedly with you. The irony is that all of those that are selling now at 240c(Guess most of them futures)will be kicking themselves once the results are out!
0 Kudos