Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CALLING ALL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS FUNDI'S---WHATS YOUR TAKE

MoMo01
Frequent Contributor
WE R BLEEDING TODAY AND PROBABLY 2MORROW,HOW LONG WILL THIS BLEEDING LAST..IF WE LOOK AT OUR TOP40 Top40 end of the day chart made reverse head and shoulders and broke neckline on 18th May. Neckline of head and shoulders was in the same time 23.6% Fibonacci level for the drop from all time high on 22.May 2008 to low on 20.November. 2009 Reverse head and shoulders are usually nice pattern to trade but don't forget possible back test of the neck line around 19700. Neckline was tested 5 or 6 times over last few months so now should be solid support now How the market might playing out it will hit resistance just above at 20850-21000 then retrace back to retest neckline around 19700 and up towards 23000. Break above 20850-21000 would signal medium term buy signal..
0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
kwagga
Super Contributor
This is just a bit of bloodletting. Some sangoma's actually believe bloodletting to be a healthy practice. In my view a few days like today will constitute bleeding.
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
think most will turn around tomorrow (I believe our market likes bloody fridays) a bit of a sideways move. Maybe a late spurt in the afternoon (to give the fundimentalists something to talk about) Then its FRIDAY we go and get pissed.
0 Kudos
Wizard
Super Contributor
Sell in May and go on a holiday
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
Wise words from the Wizard, but I got my shorts on. Only got AFX, PPC and GFI longs running
0 Kudos
MoMo01
Frequent Contributor
or well possibly crash to below 19700,and rebound above that
0 Kudos
Not applicable
19700 wont be seen IMO.. i guess we will start making higher lows and higher highs from here on..
0 Kudos
Not applicable
monday the market will recover and test the 20600 level in the days after
0 Kudos
jack12
Super Contributor
maybe a 50% retrace to minor support at 21800 so we could shed another 300points(bullish view) or another 600 to 21500(bearish)if market is in freefall we could get to the 19900(very, very bearish), but there are many support levels on the way down, we gotta break the first at 21800!
0 Kudos
HiSo
Frequent Contributor
Nice double top forming on the FTSE100 hourly chart dating back to about 7 May. If the 4300 level breaks then the downside target would be 4100 so still some good downside possible. That said, its also possible that its gonna break upward (ascending triangle) with a nice target of 4700.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
I'm short in AGL, so expect a nice green day today...
0 Kudos
Not applicable
0 Kudos
richardw
Super Contributor
And me. It bounced earlier today, I added another.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
yesterdays gap close :-) we have one today as well 20816
0 Kudos