Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CBH market news reaction?

Tich
Occasional Contributor
Regards CBH - Country Bird Holdings and its sudden drop even after stella performance, I re-viewed what info I could scratch to find out why the unusual sudden turn away. The only thing I can find is the last SENS news on its dividend stance change?. With reducing the share premium this should in effect reduce liquidity which in turn pushes up the share price (if Im correct?) but this is not the case. There is one major shareholder, to me that is the key!! I am aware negotiations are on the go for some time, but with such a large single shareholder is there a threat or possiblity of them proposing a delisting which may satisfiy reason for the sudden huge drop?. Any more news , comments would be interesting.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
ws
Frequent Contributor
I think all these shares in this space (ARL,RBW,CBH,Afgri,SOV) will do well over the next 12 months. Lower input costs, stronger demand, more disposable income etc.
0 Kudos
prancing_horse
Super Contributor
They posted a strong improvement for the second half ending June 2009, and if one thinks that maybe they had 4 months,at best, to lower feed prices, logic tells me that with the lower feed prices currently and going forward, the next 12 months should out perform the last by a long chalk.Beef and feed division may be a bit of a handbreak,as is the threat of frozen imports due to the Rand strength.At these levels I'm a buyer with a view of holding 12 to 18 months
0 Kudos