Visit our COVID-19 site for latest information regarding how we can support you. For up to date information about the pandemic visit www.sacoronavirus.co.za.

bs-regular
bs-extra-light
bs-light
bs-light
bs-cond-light-webfont
bs-medium
bs-bold
bs-black

Community

Share knowledge. Ask questions. Find answers.

Online Share Trading

Engage and learn about markets and trading online

CEO PURCHASES OVER 5 MILLION SHARES @ R1.70????

babz
Contributor
He knows something that all shareholders hope to know!!!
0 Kudos
21 REPLIES 21
suki
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
Not applicable
He is obviously not toooo worried about the impending legal showdown with investor Joe Modibane, who is suing SacOil for R67.2m for allegedly reneging on an agreement to sell him shares.
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
I say buy!!!! buy as much as u can
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
SIMON what are your thoughts on this one??
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
they are losing money, why would you want it?
0 Kudos
Flyguy
Frequent Contributor
Than explain why the ceo would purchase 5 million shares at that price?? Obviously they will release some info within the next few weeks to justify that.
0 Kudos
SimonPB
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos
AJT
Super Contributor
maybe and maybe not, but risky stuff - he would not be the first CEO to buy at the wrong time...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- remember Jeff Levenstein of Regal Bank ? - chased up the share price with the company's money,or something stupid and illegal.
0 Kudos
Harathke
Regular Contributor
If they do, then the CEO will be guilty of insider trading. If they don't, then the CEO is a retard. Eitherway, the answer isn't a good one. Following insiders buying patterns is a losing strategy.
0 Kudos
GarethJ
Regular Contributor
As I understand it the processs of declaring Directors Dealings prevents Insider Trading - the whole world can see if a Director bought or sold. So no, this would not be insider trading...
0 Kudos
striker
Super Contributor
- not entirely correct - directors also have a duty to report any information that could effect the Coy's share price ,up or down .
0 Kudos
Rams
Super Contributor
How many shares does he own already? And is he paying for it or is it some company bonus of sorts?
0 Kudos
rsalie
Super Contributor
Remember, directors buy shares with a long term view. So, if you want to follow the CEO, then u too should have a long term view. This share could still rocket (based on oil findings) but I think the market needs more solid info (e.g. real profits) before it does this.
0 Kudos
CHATTYCHAT
Super Contributor
He made a boo-boo, although the share picked up since 14 Oct to this all time high seemingly just to show that he can buy if he wants to. He also bought high R4 million's worth at 23c.
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
I heard through the grape vine that this share is going to R5.00 soon after some announcment. Got no shares and not planing to buy any.
0 Kudos
Not applicable
Do we know when to expect such an announcement?
0 Kudos
G_V_V
Super Contributor
0 Kudos
SKALA
Super Contributor
Sold few days back, was looking to come down strong. But will wait and see....
0 Kudos